Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThe Diet Coke version of Dwyane Wade.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=104182&mesg_id=104291
104291, The Diet Coke version of Dwyane Wade.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jun-13-14 02:00 PM
Dude is built like a linebacker, makes terrific plays, and might be the hardest working and most driven player in the draft. Strong rebounder for his position, terrific at the rim and in the open court, and a tough-nosed defender-- I'd trust him against bigger players.

Problems: he gets tunnel vision, and, much like we see from Wade (especially latter-day Wade), he falls in love with mid-rangers that clank. When he's on, he's a monster, but he can shoot you out of a game too-- especially early in his NBA career if he's given the keys to the castle on a team with little help. However, I trust him to develop. He's not where Wade was, probably never will be-- but most teams would take the junior version of Wade for their backcourt.

I don't really see him as a point guard-- again, I think he should be used like Wade: as a 2 guard playmaker paired with a perimeter-oriented point guard who doesn't mind not having the ball in his hands.

If he can work on his three-pointer, that would help round out his game immensely. I wouldn't really count on that for a few years, if ever.