Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: we expect MORE from dukies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=103505&mesg_id=103702
103702, RE: we expect MORE from dukies
Posted by dula dos pistolas, Mon May-13-13 06:20 PM
dude.... wat

nah coolidge is right: duke pros face ZERO expectations.

i mean, for god's sake, shane battier was the national player of the year. won the naismith and the wooden. redick too. both those guys were lottery picks. and still, absolutely no one expected them to be stars. ppl thought they'd be at best what they actually turned out to be, which is very very very good role players. both those guys had perfectly fine careers. absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I still think redick will be a valuable contributor on a contender at some point. no one really talks abt them as "busts".

yet if barnes, who ain't won no fucking Naismith or anything, were to have a batty/jj type career, ppl would def call him a bust (you've said so multiple times yourself - that nigga don't get to just be solid, he gotta be a STAR, etc) and that's because NC dudes get held to a higher standard.

worthy, mcadoo, jordan, stack, sheed, vince

HOFers, champions, multiple time all stars, scoring titles, etc

dukies don't get held to that standard because, quite frankly, they've given no real reason to.

and i'm no duke hater at all btw, a lot of my faves are dukies (g hill, shane, luol, kyrie) and i almost went there.