Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI forgot this is a Duke vs. UNC thing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=103505&mesg_id=103568
103568, I forgot this is a Duke vs. UNC thing
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Jan-22-13 12:22 PM
>he gonna always be a ROLE PLAYER and he gonna get that
>non-dukie pass that ALL non-duke lottery picks that become
>ROLE PLAYERS get.

I don't have a problem calling him a role player, for now, but his offensive ceiling is still high dude. His ppg has steadily risen since December and he takes quality shots (ie his field goal pct) ... I would like to see him play more aggressively on offense from time to time (Coach jackson said as much the other day too)

and even if he does continue to be just a role player, he's a big piece of our squad that helps us win games. If this continues, I can see Barnes and Brandon Rush competing for the SF position next year when he gets healthy

>
>when redick gets traded to a contender, people still gonna try
>to clown that he not a STAR, as related to his college hype.
>
>same with hendo...who'll be a FA this summer and will go to a
>better team and ball.
>
>duke players gotta be STARS or they busts...UNC can put out
>garbage like barnes, who was supposed to be a
>once-in-a-generation talent. and he floppin like a fish.

but how else are we going to display our Duke hate? lol

you're definitely right here about the metric for Duke players though. People don't realize that players need the right system they can fit into for success in the league. It's not just about getting placed on a winning team.

as much as I would loved to have Kidd-Gilchrist at the start of the season, I would not take him over Barnes right today. Folks might think I'm crazy for saying that, but Barnes' game is perfectly suited for the style of bball we play in Oakland.