Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWarriors fan here, watched every game so far - summer and reg season.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=103191&mesg_id=103315
103315, Warriors fan here, watched every game so far - summer and reg season.
Posted by FortifiedLive, Sat Nov-17-12 01:06 AM
positives:
these last 2 games really show what this kid is capable of when he's assertive. he can be good--really, really good.
he's shown resilience and nerves of steel in crunch time, taking big-time shots without hesitation and making it look easy.
the offense has shown to run through him at times, so he'll get plenty of opportunities.

negatives:
however, from what i've seen in all of the games before these 2, dude can straight up DISAPPEAR on the floor.
there have been times where i didn't realize he was on the court for almost an entire quarter.
blame it on him transitioning to the pro game, but it's gonna take more than 2 games to show that's was the case.
also, his passing needs A LOT of work.

ever since college, i've seen him as a stronger, less explosive and slower Rudy Gay who makes a concerted effort on D. always felt the two lived way too much on the perimeter in college, and Rudy still does. verdict is still out on Barnes, but he's really been attacking the rim and posting up, so it's promising.

will he be better than MKG? idk, haven't seen MKG play an NBA game yet, so i can't say shit. but from watching him in college, i think he can be a very efficient 12-15 pt and 7-8 reb guy who can lock a player down - the type of guy any team would want.