Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectLet's look at this from all angles:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=102658&mesg_id=102739
102739, Let's look at this from all angles:
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Jul-18-14 12:58 AM
K-Love shot 18 times a game...30% of his shots were 3's. He shot 45% from the field (50% on 2's, 37% on 3's). Very strong defensive rebounder, avg offensive rebounder. 4.4 apg. Less than a steal and a .45 blocks per game.

Kyrie shot 17 times a game...27% of his shots were 3's. He shot 43% from the field, (45% on 2's, 35% on 3's). 1.5 spg.

Bron shot 17 times a game...27% of his shots were 3's. He shot 56% from the field (62% on 2's, 37% on 3's). 1.5 spg.

Now...playing with Bron, Wade and Bosh put up 14 and 12 shots per game. I'm thinking there's gonna be some HUGE sacrifices here. Is love really worth Wiggins' potential at 14 shots? 4 of which will probably be 3's? I will say that he might have better rebounding numbers BUT, he might not. Might be lateral. And he doesn't intimidate anyone on D. Love's shot chart shows that he spent his time either shooting 3's or posting up/getting layups off penetration. When he's shooting 3's he can't rebound.

To top that off...he'll make 15 mil next season and will want a Max extension.

I dunno fam. If he was a much better defender, this would be a no brainer but I don't see them being as effective as Miami. And the reason is that 2010-2012 Wade>>>>>>>>>Kyrie as a defender, Bosh>>>>>>>Love as a defender. A LOT of their defensive prowess rested on the big 3 and guys like Battier and UD. The Cavs don't have those guys and can't get them if they sign Love.

I'd much rather develop Wiggins under Bron, let those two (and Kyrie's quick hands) pressure the perimeter, Andy and Tristan eat glass and let Kyrie/Bron take the bulk of the shots (efficiently) and distribute accordingly.

A Cavs team with Love will have huge issues getting stops and filling out the roster due to the cap sitch.

A Cavs team with Wiggins has to wait on his development and may need to lean on Bron and Kyrie for more O but they'd be a solid defensive team with cap to fill out the roster with a rim protector and depth possibly.

I'd rather have the D and flexibility. People keep referring to Miami's big 3 as what it could look like but it could also look like the Laker's big 3 last year that didn't work. Would Love (and Kyrie to a lesser extent) be less effective with less opportunity?

Because Bron gonna get his.