Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectNo - and I luls me some K Love but he plays ABSOLUTELY NO defense
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=102658&mesg_id=102733
102733, No - and I luls me some K Love but he plays ABSOLUTELY NO defense
Posted by vee-lover, Fri Jul-18-14 12:03 AM
He's worse than Bosh on that end of the floor

His game would be a better fit on a team like GS

While I don't completely subscribe to this idea that "he's putting up numbers on a bad squad," I do wonder why his impressive stats don't seem to translate into team wins - the Timberwolves haven't even been in the hunt for an 8th seed...

Now, maybe he'll become more committed on defense if he were playing w/Lebron but I think he's just a lousy defender and might always be a liability on that end of the floor

Wiggins has the makings to be a special defensive player because of his length, quickness, and the effort to which he puts forth on that end of the floor ALREADY and his offensive game can and will improve, especially practicing and playing w/Lebron everyday - I just think it's befitting that Cleveland drafts him no.1 and then Lebron returns w/an opportunity to be a mentor to Wiggins who ppl were making comparisons to Lebron, ironically, although their gms aren't similar in any way (odd that Parker has been compared to Melo more so than any other player)

Love almost gives the Cavs the same thing Bosh gave the Heat: the ability to stretch the floor..but what he doesn't give the Cavs is also what Bosh couldn't give the Heat and that's an inside presence, somebody that you can throw the ball into the low post and they can get you 2, which is what that Cavs team is going to need just as the Heat could no longer mask that weakness of not having a real post threat (Tristan Thompson/Varajeo/Bennett ain't enough although Bennett has been looking impressive in summer league)

W/Wiggins, I like the idea of the Cavs being an up tempo team, w/Love, they'd probably be more of a half-court team.

Like I said before, as far as I'm concerned, Wiggins' potential is worth the risk of losing a proven double-double machine in KLove