Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI wouldn't, their team defense would suffer immensely
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=102658&mesg_id=102725
102725, I wouldn't, their team defense would suffer immensely
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jul-17-14 11:58 PM
For as much people want to poo poo on Bosh about his performance, he was the defensive lynchpin for that Miami team due to his combination of length and agility...a team that was predicated on their defense. He was also big enough to play at the 5 so you could move Bron to the 4 which made for a very quick defensive team. We know that in the playoffs the game turns into a grind and weaknesses in your half-court defense get amplified....and they certainly would get amplified with Love in the game. Wiggins is going to be a stud defensively....not only due to his athleticism and length but he clearly already shows a dedication that side of the ball that you often don't see in players of his age and especially of that level of being hyped. Further, with Wiggins being on a rookie contract vs Love's (what will be a) max, that allows the team some financial flexibility in acquiring a paint protector.

I really like Love but I think if Kyrie increases his defensive effort (which will happen since he's now playing on a winning team and not just for buckets) and ball pressure with Lebron and Wiggins on the wings, that's a really scary defensive unit who can take away a lot of offensive options.