Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectAgain, I'm just not seeing a net gain with Wiggins/dealbreaker w/Love
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=102658&mesg_id=102699
102699, Again, I'm just not seeing a net gain with Wiggins/dealbreaker w/Love
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jul-21-14 12:02 PM
You're not filling the need you're looking at with Wiggins, you may or may not be improving your defense as a whole (consider a raw Wiggins defense against a developed Love's rebounding) and you can go out and get a piece that fills that need. Is it available? Maybe, maybe not, but the only argument that it would be more available with Wiggins is that he gives you salary flexibility for next year. IMO no marquee rim protector is going to hit the market. So either way you are looking at secondary options. I just don't see it as a consideration here. If we were talking about trading like Nerlens Noel for Love (which I would do, incidentally), I could see a stronger argument because he is a rim protector. As it is, this sort of secondhand addressing of the need (perimeter defender that might ease the burden on the interior guys) is just not convincing.