Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectumm, what's wrong with biyombo or gobert?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=102658&mesg_id=102695
102695, umm, what's wrong with biyombo or gobert?
Posted by dula dibiasi, Sun Jul-20-14 05:20 PM
actually that's EXACTLY the type of guys i'm referring to when i mention cheap rim protection. you put a guy like that on a team with 3 top 20 players, give him a very specific defined role, which is to stand in front of the rim and goon out for 20 or 25 min a night, and he'd be fine. his impact on that team would be a lot different than on say a utah or charlotte.

they wouldn't need $15M for a roy hibbert, who's indy's #2 scoring option in addition to his defensive duties. they'd just need a younger joel anthony or birdman andersen. if that guy gives them 5 pts a game, that's fine. and being on the court with a guy like lebron is going to elevate everyone's level of play. ppl are making that argument for wiggins, why wouldn't it be the same for a young shot-blocking big?

it's contradictory to act like finding a decent rim-protector is impossible w/ 3 max contracts on the books, and then fawn over how perfect gorgui dieng -- a late 1st rd pick in last yr's draft i.e. a very available type of player -- would be in that role.