Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMaybe not if I had a guarantee Hans stays healthy but anyone else, sure
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=102658&mesg_id=102666
102666, Maybe not if I had a guarantee Hans stays healthy but anyone else, sure
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Jul-18-14 03:00 AM
Allow me to rant for what I hope will be the last time on this subject:

You're Cleveland.

You won the NBA lottery 4 times in the last 9 years and you ain't been to the Finals since the Bush Administration.

You won the geographic lottery with Lebron James.

TWICE.

Do NOT fuck this up again trying to play fortune telling scout genie.

Be grateful for the bird in your hand and don't give away opportunities to add a ring to it by reaching for the bush.

This isn't an LBJ, Duncan, Shaq type of #1 pick.

Wiggins has yet to play a minute of NBA Basketball & was a bad draft-week X-Ray away from going 3rd to Philly.

Would I love to have him as a building block on a young developing team?

Sure.

More than I'd like to have Kevin Love play with Lebron James and be the definitive odds-on favorite to win a ring each of the next two seasons?

Fuck No.

And again, I really like Andrew Wiggins more than most others I know.

They can bluff for a bit, maybe grind down the additional player details to their advantage but bottom line is Flip has gotta get Wiggins in that deal or even David Kahn will be publicly clowning him.

You already have seen offers better than any other combo of young talent you got.

It's cute to think you can give them a couple of mid-to-late firsts, cyse Bennet's summer league svelte figure or Dion's empty scoring totals from last year but eventually you wake up and say 'wait, why am I trying to get cute about this shit?!?'

You take the Top 3 PF to give you two Top 20 players to pair with Lebron James.

A man who left your franchise once and watched you lose 47 more games plus set the record for consecutive defeats the following season.

The guy who has been to the last four finals while you have averaged 23 wins in his absence.

Dude who already declared two years ago what a dream it would be to play with Kevin Love while they were winning Gold Medals for a country full of goofy, overthinking, talking just to talk muggfuggas still applauding for a soccer team winning one out of four games this summer.

A generation deep of draft geeks out here making a mockery of basic logic on this issue.

Kevin Love is actually really good, fellas.

Better than Bosh ever was and that turned out okay.

The agenda-deranged can move the 'no playoff' mantra over to accusing them of being Bron byproducts next year if need be.