Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThe only guy projected Top 5 who I'm really low on.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=102287&mesg_id=102402
102402, The only guy projected Top 5 who I'm really low on.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jun-21-13 04:24 PM
Obviously dude is offensively gifted... but his defense is SO poor. Granted, I only watched UNLV three or four times last year, but I'm not talking defensive lapses. I'm talking about the other offense getting down the floor, starting to execute their offense... and THEN Bennett comes jogging into position! He makes David Lee look like Bill Russell defensively.

Which leads me to questions about work ethic and consistency. I saw at least two games against ranked teams where he must have shot the ball single digit times (don't have the box scores in front of me, but that's how it felt), and he absolutely deferred the entire time. I'm not talking Otto Porter deference (which never really happened) or Ben McLemore deference (which would happen for stretches within a game occasionally, but doesn't really concern me overall)-- I'm talking hard core not giving a shit.

At a certain point, his talent requires you to draft him and hope he comes along. But Christ, he'd scare me if I'm a fan of a team with picks 3 through 5.