Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWeek 2 at the Packers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=101523&mesg_id=101528
101528, Week 2 at the Packers
Posted by Dae021, Mon Sep-16-13 09:06 AM
- This Defense is horrible, the rookies are getting cooked all over the field and no matter where you put them they are out of position and there's always someone open. I mean that, there's ALWAYS someone open. I'm not sure if its the defensive calls or just the offensive schemes they're running against, but the spread em out and make run combo routes is working like a charm. They're spread out and fools are so far out of position that they're sprinting to the ball and just taking bad angles. Its ugly, he front line is getting bowled over all the time.

- The more I think about this, the more i'm thinking Radio and Haz might to take some of this blame. ALL of his people are out of place and missing assignments, when the always dependable Reed Doughty is missing assignments and there's no communication there might be a problem kids. I'm not really worried about the rookies missing assignments because they will do that, i'm way more frustrated by being out of position and the plethora of missed tackles. How in the world does your defensive alignment and scheme have Perry Riley matched up on Randall Cobb ONE on ONE??? That's a recipe for more points everytime. How is Jordy Nelson allowed an inside release with no safety help on the inside? These are scheme and assignment things that are dooming this team early. The D has been on the field alot so I'll give them that, but once teams stop dropping back we can do nothing, no passrush, no pass defenses, no nothing. BAD FOOTBALL. I'm watching DeAngelo Hall scream at the sidelines to change the scheme. Something has to give, either its Haz or we're going to get blown out of every game and all the defensive coaches get cleaned out.

- Hey thanks Brandon Merriweather, you proved why the Patriots were so readily able to move on from a Probowl safety. Dude has been leading with his head since he was in New England and this game as nothing new. he'll get a nice sized fine to go along with that headache, i'm not impressed.

- As bad as Griffin has been in the first half of games, he's not getting a lot of help there's a lot of dropped balls, yea I get it the balls aren't perfect, but if you as a professional wr get two hands on the ball, catch it. Josh Morgan, Fred Davis, Aldrick Robinson. Right now this team isn't good enough to overcome mistakes like that. The execution has been horrible, blocks are being missed and teams are selling out up front because they're not afraid of the long pass and the routes being run allow the D to be in a zone and just wait you out and by then the blitz has already either hurried the play or bust Griff in his head.

- I'm really worried about the game planning, because it seems that the other teams have an answer for everything that we're running in the beginning. I want them to go wide move that safety and one of those line backers outta there and then go at them, with the bunch all of the defenders are just sitting and waiting for the cut, the backside is getting killed and the zone read is anemic. There has to be some other offensive line set that they can run their plays out of because right now its looking bad.

- Fred Davis has probably missed his opportunity at a big contract, because Jordan Reed has come in, out played him and makes catches every week that aren't perfect, meanwhile Fred gets one thrown his way, hits him in the hands and he drops it. Reed cost less anyway, bye Fred.

- Great job by Alfred Morris taking what the D gave him and running hard, too bad the game was WAY outta hand by the time he was doing work.

- This team is abysmal on 3rd down. In the pointless 1st half they were 1 for 9 on 3rd down. You can't win games that way.

- I have no clue what happened to Kai Forbath, but got damn.

- This is abad team right now, they're undisciplined, they're not good at assignment football, and the idea of trying to stop Megatron when James Jones just ran up 164 on you is not a great feeling.

WE IN TROUBLE