Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI had no idea this thread had turned into diarrhea
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=101299&mesg_id=101451
101451, I had no idea this thread had turned into diarrhea
Posted by Beamer6178, Wed Feb-27-13 04:11 PM
>
>If 49ers fans knew what they were getting, would they
>have drafted him #1 overall and paid him that money?
Your initial question was to THE 49ers, not the fans. You need to be consistent with your questions. And it's important to make that distinction. That was NOT a good year for QBs. Aaron Rodgers is a future HOF, Matt Leinart would have been number one if he came out that year but his career has been much of nothing.

The ORGANIZATION didn't know what the fuck they were doing. How they were being run in 2005 and how they are being run today is two entirely different things. I know you're just in here yukking it up but you were not following the team back then or aware of how poorly they were being run.

As a FAN, I NEVER wanted ANY QB as the first pick, because the team was so shitty at the time. The best thing to happen to Aaron Rodgers was to get picked on a good team with a legendary QB starting. What the Chiefs did today is what the 49ers should have done back then, trade the pick to get linemen.

>The answer: No.
>
>That means he's at least very disappointment and probably
>a bust.
>
>Its fair and modest.
>
>As am I.
>
>Orbit, the dispenser of judgement

If a team picks a player that is far from the clear best talent in the draft and they produce accordingly, are they truly a bust or did a team make a poor draft pick? There is a difference. One that most of you troglodytes on here lack the nuance to grasp but keep railing on about how black people give a shit about those Cam comments.