Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectbut what you're saying doesn't make him more athletic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=100582&mesg_id=100718
100718, but what you're saying doesn't make him more athletic
Posted by Beamer6178, Fri Aug-17-12 03:45 PM
>Jordan was not defending 1 - 5.
>
>Bron does.
let's be real, bron is not routinely defending centers, he has on occasion but realistically it's 2-4, with regular 1 duty in certain matchups.

>Jordan was not regularly his teams leading rebounder.
actually, he led them in scoring, rebounds, AND assists until the 1990 season, but nice try.

>Bron damn near always has been.
>
>Jordan didn't have the responsibility to do the shit that bron
>does on both ends of the floor.
like facilitate, score, defend, and rebound? seriously? he absolutely did have the responsibility, you're letting his scoring overshadow the other elements of his well rounded game.

>Bron size matters, because while it allows him to take more of
>a beating, it also should cause him to wear out sooner,
>especially as a player who plays on the perimeter as much as
>he does. Big dudes don't run like that, cuz it fucks them up,
>physically.
but we've always established that he's a freak of nature, so to even treat him like a regular big guy doesn't work. he clearly doesn't operate by the same rules so his size can ONLY be seen as an asset

>But this dude is always on the floor, and never injured...so
>much so that you mufucka is kinda blown when he is.
>
>I ain't one of them newest is greatest cats, but I don't pray
>to jordan at night either.
if you see above, i said i wasn't even sure if i'd say jordan was more athletic. it's the arguments saying why bron is that don't hold up.

>Bron is something completely different than jordan. I think
>he's a better athlete cuz of what he has to do every night.
different doesn't mean better

>Put it like this: Pippen was a much more versatile player than
>Jordan, and at least as athletic.
I disagree. Pippen had longer arms which aided him in defending more positions, but he wasn't MUCH more versatile, what he did was free up Jordan, a clearly more talented scorer, to carry that load without having to defend the other team's best player every night.

>Bron's a bigger, stronger,
>more durable, Pippen.
They're somewhat comparable, but not much. Bron for most of his career has needed the ball in his hands most of the time to be a factor. Pippen has not. Bron is a superior scorer, Pippen is better at getting others involved. Defense is a push, although when the bulls would execute that trap, it was a thing of beauty to watch Pip at work.