Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI think Fairley will be the real key in this game
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=83462&mesg_id=83485
83485, I think Fairley will be the real key in this game
Posted by MothershipConnection, Mon Jan-10-11 02:54 PM
Cam is gonna get his. He's a dominant player, one of the most dominant in the last 20 years, and Oregon isn't great against mobile QBs, but I've respected how they keep coming at people this year. They might fall behind early, but they keep coming at you, and they play solid. I think Auburn will score but I don't think Oregon's D will let them run away with it.

Fairley might play like a thug (in the good and bad sense, truly), but he's been a beast all season. Oregon has a lot of option runs that actually key on the DT, and Oregon hasn't faced a DT as good as Fairley this season. I recall in previous years (again, different Oregon teams) quick penetrating DTs like Brian Price being able to fuck up those zone reads in the backfield on occasion. Thing is, with big guys like that, are they gonna be in condition to do that all game? Especially with Oregons tempo. That's when the big plays happen.

I see Auburn getting off to a good start here, then Oregon putting it together from the second quarter on and winning it. But if it comes down to the last drive, I would never bet against Cam. I was actually in Vegas this weekend and put my money on Oregon, but after thinking it through, I'm not sure that was the best move. Regardless, hoping for a great game.