Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectfuck it, i'll post it here. thats twice.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=38418&mesg_id=38516
38516, fuck it, i'll post it here. thats twice.
Posted by low2behold, Tue Mar-28-06 10:22 PM
PG - Iverson
SG - Bryant
SF - Stoyakovic
PF - Wallace
C - Ratliff

VS.

PG - Stockton
SG - Barry
SF - Rice
PF - Duncan
C - Mutombo

--------------------------------------
my main focus will be isolating iverson on stockton and bryant on barry. these are the NBA's premier scorers and time has proven that nobody can guard them without double teaming. if u doble team one, the other is going to be open. having both as starters probably will make the other team zone a lot which is just fine because four of the starters can hit the 3 ball with relative consistency.

the second option rasheed wallace will probably be working hard on both ends of the floor defending and scoring on duncan. to mix it up a bit and get more space in the middle some plays will have to be designed so that duncan will have to come out of the paint to defend a trailing rasheed wallace who will be looking to drain a timely 3 pointer.

of course the battle of the boards will come down to the bigger body at the center position (ratliff is stronger, but mutumbo is longer) and lets face it, neiher mutumbo or ratliff are prolific scorers so the main job of ratliff would be to alter shots and to match up with mutumbo's rebounding ability. ratliff will have to emplore a tenacious box out scheme to get the skinnier and older mutumbo out of the paint area.

overall, my team will be focusing on spreading the half court offense and isolating mutumbo in the paint area to draw fouls to get him out early and to eliminate any sense of help defense. stoyakovic's height advantage should make the hoop look like an easy target from 3 pointer land and artis gilmore's 20-10 coming off the bench should help the team stay big and consistent in the middle. most of the scoring will probably be done on fastbreak outlet passes which is just a factor of speed and offensive talent. with iverson and kobe running the show there wont be a shortage of offensive splurts and high octane highlight reel material.

my team will be looking to push the tempo against a visibly slower and older team with less scoring ability. the key is to demoralize their squad early and then after developing a suitable lead, the bigs will come off the bench and basically make their squad depend on jump shots. Walton will basically be in games to send a clear message that nobody will come into the paint without getting bruised up and arizin will play the role of spot and drop in key situations.

final score::
low2behold- 110
celery77- 87