Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectCountryRapTunes gameplan vs WarrenCoolidge
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=38418&mesg_id=38456
38456, CountryRapTunes gameplan vs WarrenCoolidge
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Apr-03-06 09:56 AM
C – Moses Malone may be more athletic than my starting center Brad Daugherty but Brad has the advantage in overall height, wingspan, and girth. At 7’0 265+ pounds Daugherty can use his size and agility to post up Malone or negate some of his interior
defense by making him come out and defend Daugherty’s consistent jumpshot. On D, Brad has the size to bang under the basket with Moses Malone and with weak side help provided by one of the leagues greatest shot blockers David Robinson and one of the most athletic SF’s to play the game, our interior defense should be scrappy enough to make it along night for Malone and Co.

PF - Again, David Robinsons versatility allows him to play either the 4 or the 5 position much as he did during the Spurs championship runs next to Tim Duncan. Robinson is agile enough to follow Malone outside for patented baseline jumpshot and his height creates problems when Malone tries to post. As a legitimate 7 footer I truly feel we can control the backboard. On offense David Robinson was one of the premier scoring centers of his day once scoring 71pts in a game so that goes without saying how much of a scoring threat this all time great center is. Whether its his right baseline jumpshot or his sweeping one hander David Robinson is too much for Karl Malone to handle with. See Malone vs Tim Duncan in Western Conference finals for reference.

SF – I will be the first to admit this match up maybe one of the most intriguing, Shawn Marion vs James Worthy. Both players are exceptional in the open floor but I think Marion is a better overall defender with his long arms (wingspan of a 7 footer) and his out the world vertical ability. I also think I have the advantage in the Rebound column and in 3pt field goals made.

SG – Clyde the Glyde and the Ice Man are almost mirror images of each other. Both are great scorers and proven winners that like to get to the basket first and shoot the jumpshot second. I gotta give this one a wash.

PG – Mr. Logo “Jerry West” one of the first great scorers in the game. He is an Exceptional outside shooter, ball handler and floor general. A defensive nightmare because his motor never stops. Can get out and run and score in transition with his patented stop and pop or can score in the half court set. Teams will have to gear their whole defensive scheme to keep this guy from dropping 40 on their head and with wing players such as drexler and marion, it only adds fuel to the fire

Bench – Versatility, versatility, versatility. We have an exceptional backup pg in Tim hardaway who is a proven leader himself as he has orchestrated championship caliber teams at Miami and Golden state. He can score with ease, shoot the three and was one of the leading assist man during his tenure. Dirk Nowitzki is long and a pure jump shooter. At 7 feet he can shoot over most PF in the game. Knows hot to create contact and get to the stripe and contributes about 9 boards a game. The X man is everything you want out of a blue collar player except he is actually skilled. Will come in and guard the 2, 3, and 4 positions and send the opponent home with an ice pack. Think dennis rodman with a scorers mentality at 20 and 10 during his glory years