Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThaTruths gmplan vs SPM
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=38418&mesg_id=38425
38425, ThaTruths gmplan vs SPM
Posted by bigpo, Fri Mar-31-06 06:10 PM
We're going to be physical with this team right off the bat. With the exception of Shaq, his entire starting lineup is full off guys that are known for playing soft and not liking a lot of contact so we're going going go right at them.

His PG Maravich is prone to turning over the ball at an extremely high rate and taking a lot of bad shots and we plan to exploit that. 9-time All-Defensive performer Dennis Johnson will hound him all over the court and frustrate him and render him ineffective like he did with Magic in the '84 Finals. Dumars will make Vince work for every shot shot like he did with MJ in the Pistons/Bulls wars and make Vince shoot fadeway jumpers. If Vince does attempt to drive to the basket Oak will hammer him one time and that will be a wrap.

In the post, Wilt is strong enough to make Shaq work for every thing he gets and will the defensive pressure applied by my guards it will hard for him to even get the ball. Oakley will make Chris Webber his personal bitch and have him washing his drawers. SPM will have slight mismatch offensively with KG going against Mullin but with Shaq and Webber clogging the lane there will be nowhere for him to post up rendering that advantage useless.

When we're on offense of course it all start with Wilt. If Shaq couldn't stop Olajuwon in the '95 Finals then he'd be no match for Wilt. Wilt will use and abuse him in the low post and high post and when Shaq gets in foul trouble SPM has nothing but guards on his bench. If they try to double Wilt he is an excellent passer out of the post and he can kick it out to Mullin or Dumars spotting up on the perimeter or just drop it off to Oak for a short jumper or an easy dunk. I'll also use Oak to set hard picks on KG and Vince to free up Mullin and Dumars for easy shots.

Wilt led the league in minutes played almost every season in his prime and NEVER fouled out of a game. If Oak gets in foul trouble from laying down the law I can come of the bench with McDyess and he gives me an athletic shot blocker alongside Wilt and makes getting a shot off inside even tougher or I could put him on KG if he starts giving Mullin the business.

That's pretty much a wrap, nobody on his bench even concerns me.
Delete | Reply