Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectSPM Gm Plan vs ThaTruth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=38418&mesg_id=38423
38423, SPM Gm Plan vs ThaTruth
Posted by bigpo, Fri Mar-31-06 06:09 PM
Starting line ups:

Shaq vs. Wilt

CWebb vs. Charles Oakley

KG vs. Chris Mullin

Vince Carter vs. Joe Dumars

Pete Maravich vs. Dennis Johnson

My Bench: Sprewell, Horny, Terry Porter vs Penny, Cedric Maxwell and Antonio McDyess

IMO, This is an easy ass win for me, lmao.
As you can see I have the mismatch in EVERY position. I will now break down my advantages position by position. Please note all these assessments are of the players in their PRIME. So don’t let Cwebb playing with one leg or Vince Carter quitting on the raptors impact your judging.

Center:
Lmao, Wilt was the “big dipper”….but in an era of 6’7 white bols. Wilt has NEVER faced any one as dominating as Shaq. Whether it be physically or athletically. This would be a complete shock to Wilt as he is raped in the post due to the 50lb weight difference being used by the devastingly agile Shaq. If you watch any film on Wilt you know he played defense by primarly towering over his opponents with them long ass arms and waiting till the 6’7 white bol tried to hook shot. No no no, Shaq ain’t bullshittign with them moves man. Shaq will body him in the post, gaining position and using his hips/butt to bump Wilt off balance thus preventing him from getting his leverage to block. The result: gorilla dunks all in that nigga face. This will make Wilt work over time on defense and tire him out on the offensive end where Shaq will lean wit it , rock wit it. Using his weight to push wilt off the blocks

Power forward: This is pretty much no contest,lol. Who the fuck picks Charles Oakley as their ALL TIME starting power forward,lol. Anyway , there are better PFs in the NBA right Now then charles Oakley. Shit, chris webber RIGHT NOW is better then charles Oakley. Anyway , charles Oakley is a one trick pony, all he does is play marginal defense and rebounds a lil bit. You put a bum like that against a young and good chris webber with his full knees and u have a terrible mismatch. In his prime Cwebb was just as good a rebounder as Oakley, topping out at 13 a game, and has always blocked more shots. Let’s no even waste time talking bout who is better offensively. Chris could either take Oakley off the dribble or come out for the 15 footers. Also chris would post oak up and abuse him with the deadly pass. Cwebb is the best passing big man EVER. Not to mention the 20lb weight defense and the fact that in his prime CWebb was STRONGER then charles Oakley.

Small Forward: yet another sad mismatch,lmao. Niggas is wasting my time making me talk about niggas like chris mullin. Let’s not even go into the physical mismatch. We talking 5 inches and 20lbs man….AND even wit the added height and weight KG is STILL much faster and more mobile. The one advantage mullin has is his shooting, but Kg is agile enough and quick enough with his feet to get out on the perimeter and body mullin. Also that 8 foot wing span would make Chris real hesitant about launching threes or jumpers. So basically you are left with a slow jump shooting nigga who will not be able to get his shot off, lmao. Down low, KG will abuse mullin on the offensive end , we already know how or why, dunks/post moves/too quick. Also mullin won’t even waste his time trying drive to the basket, shit will get sent into the 400 level. Also KG will clean the boards something terrible.

Shooting guard: Joe dumars will be used to try and play tight Defense on half man half amazing. Sadly that shit will not work. I know joe supposedly played tight D on Jordan, but Jordan still use to get off. So I’m not convinced on how effective dumars REALLY was. If you remember in the 2001 playoffs the sixers tried to guard carter with a player VERY similar to joe dumas, in build and game! His name is Eric Snow, same size….same type of defensive approach, guess what happen in that series….vince carter avg. damn near 40 points! That’s what happen nigga! Imo dumars main defensive prowess comes from guarding the jumper and sticking to a person along the perimeter, ala eric snow and to an extent bruce bowen. Thing is vince is so athletic he don’t NEED to shoot from the outside. He will abuse dumars in the paint using his 4 inch height advantage, alley oops all day on that gay ass nigga dumar. And when he get dunked on he will be standing there with that bland ass face he has during pistons games now. Fuck dude!

Point guard: wtf, dennis Johnson is a glorified role player man. Pistol pete is just too good offensively for him imo. Too good of a shooter, too good of a ball handler,too quick and fluid driving to the basket. It’s a terrible mismatch. I know piston ain’t really a Pg but with his handles and his career assist numbers I know he could handle the role. Shit dennis Johnson career high in assist is basically the same as maravich and he wasn’t even a point.

The bench: We got sprewell, who coming off the bench will be like Ben Gordon on sterioids!
Instant spark plug. I got hornacek and porter as the instant spot up shooters to drain three’s.

Game plan:
Defense: we got a lot length from our big men. KG allow will discourage niggas from driving to the basket , then you add shaq and it’s a wrap pretty much. Also our defensive and offensive rebounding will be fucking crazy. Kg will get his 20 boards and then webber and shaq or good for 10-12 easy EACH. Our guards are more offensive, but sprewell and hornacek can come in and provide their shut down D and slow the game down.

Offense: we got two options here. We can either get sick wit it and run the fastbreak ala steve nash. With pistol playing the steve nash role, shaq/webber playing the amare role , Kg playing the matrix role and vince playing the joe Johnson/Q role. Shit might be unstoppable.
If you somehow do stop it, we switch into a half court game. With pistol at point, passing the ball down low for shaq or webber and KG. Insert horncek and porter for vince or KG if you want and we can do the inside out game all fucking day, you double shaq or webber, wide open three for horny or porter or fucking pistol pete matter fact.

Niggas can’t win against me fam