Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectAll Era NBA Playoffs: Rules and Brackets
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=38418&mesg_id=38418
38418, All Era NBA Playoffs: Rules and Brackets
Posted by bigpo, Mon Mar-27-06 09:20 AM
This is a double elimination tournament. There will be a winners bracket and a losers bracket. The matchups will be as follows: 1vs2, 3vs4, etc. I know I said the matchups were going to be 1vs16, 2vs15 etc..but quite simply, I LIED. I didnt want anyone pre planning for their first matchup. Since I knew what I was planning, the first person to inbox me, I will switch with them so i am as unaware of my opponent as everyone else.

RULES
1. No Trades
2. Must Post starting lineups for each game
3. Each gm/coach will inbox Bigpo their gameplan. I will post them once both are received. That way no opponent can get a heads up reading their opponents game plan. When i am one of the opponents, my competition and myself will inbox ThaTruth (i volunteered you because you have stepped to the for front assisting in making this thing go.)
4. Title of inbox should read like so: ex. bigpos gameplan vs ThaTruth or ThaTruths gameplan vs bigpo.
5. Each opponent will be allowed one rebuttal before it goes to the judges. (These will be posted not inboxed)Title ex. Bigpos Rebuttal
6. Judges will inbox me their decision for the game. Ex. Malachi votes SPM over Shawnedmeslanted (a reason will be preferred but it is not mandatory).
7. Decisions will be posted after all judges have inboxed. (dont want judge influencing judges).
8.Judges Decision is final..no matter how good you think your argument is.
9. PLEASE PLEASE reserve comments for the comments section.
Suggestions:
(Read if you like...will help if you do)
you should not assume a team should win based solely on their roster (that is for gm/coaches and judges). BBall is a game of matchups. Expression of gameplan is essential. Be detailed. Point out your strengths and weaknesses, how you intend guard against your weaknesses being exploited. Point out key matchups, mismatches, your opponents strengths and weaknesses, and how you plan to harness their strongpoints and attack their weaknesses. Explain how much run you intent to give players, who your key 6 man will be. who substitutes for who etc. once again BE DETAILED.

Finally its time to play!