Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjecthis base arguments were holding up his goal poasts. so they've
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=104572&mesg_id=104839
104839, his base arguments were holding up his goal poasts. so they've
Posted by poetx, Thu Oct-16-14 08:48 AM
been moved all the way out into the parking lot, too.

sports has a heavy element of risk/reward.

o_e got an ongoing thing of trolling philly fans (nttawwt). he universalized the opinions of a few ppl re: mcnabb (and then extended it to vick and, inexplicably, to foles).

at the same time, i don't post a lot around here but folks know i know football. i've followed the eagles for years, noticed things, spoke on them. i took renewed interest in philly when they signed vick (overcame my antipathy toward andy). and that carried over into the chip kelly era.

i actually studied the shit chip was saying and pronounced, very early, that he was on something different, and that he would have success in the league.

i pointed out specifics and called my shots in advance.

that came to pass.

i *think* (nothing he's been saying or doing has been logical) that o_e was trying to swing for the fences w/ a particular line of criticism and predictions. when you swing for the fences, sometimes you strike out.

that's part of the game and i don't even fuck w/ baseball.

anywho, rather than take the L, he's devolved into this bizarre tableau displayed here, and constantly trying to restate his thesis, on the fly, to preserve some shred of a chance of being right.

i don't know if this is fun for him or if he thinks he's on some andy kaufman shit. if the latter, i guess that's another thing for us to disagree on because, i 'get it', but i never thought that motherfucker was funny.

*shrug*.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad