Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectNodding my head
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=6092&mesg_id=6114
6114, Nodding my head
Posted by ThaAnthology, Wed Apr-09-03 06:03 AM
Fone- you know me man, from way back. You know I don't blow my stack very often. I try really hard to maintain, but lately I feel like no matter what I do to try to resolve issues, I'm always the target. The mods this...the mods that... It gets frustrating, especially because everyone who knows me from when I first started posting here, this place became a real part of my life. This place is my home, and I pride myself on how I protect it. (You'd be amazed what goes on sometimes)
I know me and Photo got out of hand, and I inboxed her trying to make peace. I am not "The Moderator!" or at least I try not to be, I just wanted to be a cat who posts, and occasionally moderates. I don't delete posts unless asked of me. Or if I recieve a bad message alert. And if I have to delete a post, I inbox the person and tell them why. I think I've been a fair cat in the two year I've been Mod.
Sometimes man, I just get tired of all the bickering and finger-pointing and wish we just got back to poetry.
I do believe that it has nothing to do with us as mods though. I think if anybody else moderated, after a while the same thing would occur.
It's just the mood of the boards right now.
I do apologise for any malcontent directed from me to anyone, especially you PhotoSynth. I apologize with everything in me if I've made you feel like your ideas don't matter, they do. I'm human too...ya know.
GSquared, I think you need to relax and enjoy the boards for what they are. No offense, but for all the years you say you've been here... with only 8 hundred replies...you ain't 'xactly been very active in the roles here. I been here a long time. Since the days of B and Angiee. When Warlock and them ran the hip hop here. I don't remember you that far back though. I remeber when Aeon was Rogue Poet. When RGV was Rude Girl Virgo, When The DomePomePoets were a tight knit group of friends who visited each other, kept in touch, played togehter and posted together. I remember the Lilies (Mindful and them.) It was pure and fun back then. I just wanted to keep that going, and sometimes I got forceful...but no one can say I never cared.
No one. And that's why I moderate this board. Because poetry is love, Hip Hop is love, and I love this board and all the folk in it.
Take a look on the other side of the wall before you decide to crash it down.