Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectHello, it's the Soul
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=2992&mesg_id=3080
3080, Hello, it's the Soul
Posted by OrangeLoni, Wed Oct-01-03 11:28 PM
Background on Loni

Name: you are welcome to call me Loni, or Ms Loni
Website/pics: see the sig
Personal Info: if you hadn't guessed from my pic, i'm caucasion, i write with a pen or a keyboard, favourite things: My Boy, Jack Daniels, a goooood book.
i started writing about 3 years ago.

The Post- undeniably but apologetically UnLoni-like but i saw my name on this post and came running:

Planting a seed is fun, I mean, maybe it’s not something everyone does but it can be good for the soul, like you accomplished something. You plant it, you nourish it, you wait, you water, you wait, hell, you might even talk to it. And you wait. And some people get bored. I mean really bored. I mean, they get so bored of waiting that they leave that seed in the soil and let it dry out, they never have the patience to see it grow.
But then there are the other guys. The good peoples. They plant, they cover, they water, they wait, they talk, they watch, and they are patient.

*Because if there is one thing that I’ve learnt in my iddy biddy life it’s that nothing came of impatience. You gotta have patience, it’s the best virtue you can have. *

And slowly, something peeps through, it’s small and helpless like a baby and you gotta help that too. And some people don’t want to, some people want it to fend for itself and refuse to feed it, to show it light, to talk, to wait, to give their support to it. *Some people suck.* But other people, they’re cool, they talk and water and smile and give it the best sunlight a sapling ever saw.

*and that’s caring about things, you have to care, but it’s like when an old lady falls down in the street. Do you help her? Or do you keep on walking?*

Then it grows and blossoms and stuff, cute, huh? But you STILL got to nurture it! It’s only knee high, it can’t go it alone, water it, care for it, be patient with it. Some people think this is where their job is done, it’s knee high it can go it alone. And they plant another seed. (some people like to plant more than one at a time though- you gotta be careful with these people) And I betcha, they let that one die too. Sometimes you gotta put some cute fencing around it, help it from the strong winds, pigeons- it’s not nice seeing a tree shit on by pigeons- and parasites and all that.

*maybe that’s an important lesson too, you gotta look after who you care about, don’t molly coddle them, but look after.*

But you know, soon enough your job *will* be done, and you can go out and see it, and it’ll get bigger and bigger and sturdier and really strong- maybe you can take that fencing down and in the good weather you can lean up against it, and it’ll protect you from the bad weather. And you’ll watch it change season after season but it’ll still be the same tree, *your* tree, and maybe after a while seeds will come from that tree, for someone else to plant… and hope they take care of it.