Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectI AM WOMBMAN
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=2992&mesg_id=3062
3062, I AM WOMBMAN
Posted by Mystic_Elixir, Sat Oct-11-03 08:44 AM
1) Name: a word or symbol used in logic to designate an entity, the one given this entity at birth was Janelle Marie Dukes. Janelle means God is gracious, Marie means bitter sea, and Dukes is a title of nobility. God was gracious in giving me life, beauty, exceptional talent and love beyond description. A large portion of my life has been a bitter sea with huge waves and a dreadful undertow, but through it all, God was gracious and brought me out of it and into a state of near perfection (a large part of that perfection is my new name “Segarra” and the new little life that now carries that name as well, and of course the divine archetype who granted us both permission to wear it) where I could fulfill my title of nobility, and that is my daily striving, to render myself a noble and honorable student and teacher in this quest.

2) Location: A position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature. A tract of land designated for a purpose. The soft textured canvas of my being. My sweet physical landscape, a sepia flower with soft petals and the most inebriating aroma, this is I. I am located at the core of femininity and the base of the defining line of “woman”. I have always been located deep within the sweet confines of my own mind. I live more so on the inside rather than the outer realms, I always have. I’ve never been one given much to the idea of a shared space, or a communal life, not on a grand scale at least. I like the temperature of my mind, and the décor. I do come out of sequester, but I would much rather invite you in and let you lock yourself into the warmth, wrap yourself in the soft golden hues that blanket my body, let the melody of my mystic elixir envelop your desires. I’ll invite you to help yourself to the fridge, there are plenty of ideologies there to mull over, and the cabinets are full of thoughts and feelings. We can share a warm cup of philosophy and discuss the outer realms and how we’d much rather be inside, and how they’d much rather be inside also, they just don’t know how. My body, this vessel is the site occupied by the spirit of true art, the art of life and love. My distinguishing feature is my richness, my fullness, my wholeness, and my knowledge of self. My beauty is remarkable it covers and stretches the entire geographical span of me. I am located at the center of everything; I am the beginning of all things, the life giver, the teacher, the nurturer, woman. WOMBMAN.

3) Age: the length of an existence extending from the beginning to any given time. The beginning of my length of existence in the contemporary sense would be the fourth of November, nineteen hundred and seventy five. However, I am bigger than time, beyond time, eternal. I am the connective tissue holding the hands of the beginning and the end. In my twenty-eight years I have learned that years are nothing but labels placed on a free element in order to contain it’s strength, much like “Black”. I shall never age, I shall grow in wisdom and expand in intellect, but I shall never age.

4) My Website and audio are in the making, pictures are coming soon.

5) Personal Info: a) Ethnicity: A mix of Irish, Portuguese, St. Lucian and Bahamian, but you can call me Brown Skin Lady. B) Writing Style: my writing style has been likened over the years to that of Alice Walker, Toni Morrison, Saul Williams and Emily Dickinson. When it comes to the actual technicalities of the art of poetry, any “real” writer knows that there are actual “rules” to writing, which translates to writing style, such as the Haiku, the Pantoum, the Sestina, the Villanelle, and the Sonnet; however, few of us exercise these rules or techniques to any real degree. We tend to write with our own natural rhythmic flow, which is not at all a bad thing, as long as we don’t completely neglect the application of these writing commandments. The rawness of a free flow with out structure is a beautiful thing as well. C) Who, or what inspired you to write: My original inspiration was natural, more like a calling if you will. My current fuel for continual inspirations are other authors, Fyodor Dostoevsky- an excellent Russian novelist, Emily Dickinson, Alice Walker who coined the word “Womanism” as the new face of feminism for brown women. Toni Morrison, Saul Williams, Jessica Care Moore, and that doesn’t even scratch the surface. I write about love, life, politics etc…. my writing comes from pure emotion, which is then infused with intellectual enhancements.

_______closing remarks______

"Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip" ---John Lennon, in 1980

"There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as husband and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends" ---Homer, The Odyssey

"No on can make you feel inferior without your consent"--- E. Roosevelt

"If it is the dirty element that gives pleasure to the act of lust, then the dirtier it is, the more pleasurable it is bound to be."
--Marquis De Sade

"It has, moreover, been proven that horror, nastiness, and the frightful are what give pleasure when one fornicates. Beauty is a simple thing; ugliness is the exceptional thing. And firey imaginations, no doubt, always prefer the extraordinary thing to the simple thing."
--Marquis De Sade

"Show me an artist who is not insane, and I will show you a fraud"---Me

"Love is anterior to life
posterior to death
Initial of creation, and
the exponent of breath"--Emily Dickenson

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation"--Kahlil Gibran

"I am ashamed
to call this love human
and afraid of God
to call it divine"--Rumi (real name Jalal ad-Din Mohammed Balkhi)

"May I be, forward? Before word, is, intent"--Saul Williams

Mystic: One who experiences mystical union, or direct communion with God or Ulitmate reality.

Elixir: A substance held capable of prolonging life indefinitely (also panacea) a sweetened, alcoholic, medicinal solution... I am