Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjecti am
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=2992&mesg_id=3053
3053, i am
Posted by Dominicana, Thu Oct-09-03 03:16 PM
Name: Zulay M. Santana
Website/audios/pics: working on it
Personal Info:
As you can see by the name, I'm Domincan although noone ever thinks it *lol*. I live in the Bronx and i'm working on my B.A. in International Marketing (I CANNOT WAIT TO BE DONE!).

As far as my writing style, I really can't define it. I think that as writers/poets we all go through expressive moods and in my case my pieces always reflect that in their styles. Sometimes I write in a very choppy and blunt style and sometimes I just want to flow as softly as possible. Recently, I've been trying to work on stronger imagery... I think that we have incredible abilities to express and define emotions but how often do we paint a movie like picture with a piece from beginning to end? So that's what I've been trying to work on. One thing that I do notice about myself though, I make a lot of references to nature- trees, sun, winds, air, rain, the body.

I'm a bit disappointed to say it, but men have been the catalyst for the majority of my pieces. I write about love more than anything. I write about the person I'm with at the moment and sometimes a former relationship and sometimes what I think the future may hold. I do have pieces where I've concentrated on life and concerns, relationships (other than intimate), and my community. It's a double-edged sword of sorts. I'm glad that I have so much emotion that I can write a piece and be pleased with it but at the same time I wish that I had other things in my life affect me to the degree that men and love have. Both are significantly powerful though I've come to find and not just with me.

I'll be back to offer my piece(s). Thanks for this Ezzential!