Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectTHE FIRST OFFICIAL OKP FEMALE COLLABORATION!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=2992&mesg_id=2992
2992, THE FIRST OFFICIAL OKP FEMALE COLLABORATION!!!!!
Posted by Ezzsential, Wed Oct-01-03 05:01 AM
First and foremost I just want to say thank you to all of you who said they would participate! I’m very excited that could put this together for all of us, and have spent a lot of time coming up with the topic, rules and getting people involved.

But before I give those though, just remember this:
· A Woman has the right to be herself - a person first and female second - and to resist pressure to behave in sex-stereotyped ways.
· A Woman has the right to express herself with originality and enthusiasm.
· A Woman has the right to take risks, to strive freely and to take pride in success.
· A Woman has the right to accept and enjoy the body she was born with and not to feel pressured to compromise her health in order to satisfy the dictates of an "ideal" physical image.
· A Woman has the right to be free of vulnerability and self-doubt and to develop as mentally and emotionally sound individual.
· A Woman has the right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence.

(applause) Here are all the OKP females: (most of you are involved… but some haven’t gotten back, ….it’s all love, either way)

Robynwildchild
Chaste_Souls
mindful
PhotoSynthesis
HottLykeFiyah
mara
HEBREW_HONEY
Dominicana
Mystic_Elixir
orangeloni
OkayPlayerChic
natalie
SpecialOne
Shyning_Star
3rd i
VirtuousWoman_Found
delrica
dasweetesttaboo
Reallove
j alise
Soulstice
Invisible ink
paperdollpoet
rubbersoulonice
ergobliss
Afrika
clarion
wolfie
Winter Blaze
lunaeco

Aight here’s the set off…
First, I hope to start this by having each of you take the time to introduce yourselves. This is our time to shine as one, but also as individuals!! So, tell us anything you would like us to know. Start with you intro then, your actual post.
Here's some ideas for your introduction:

Name:
Website/audios/pics:
Personal Info: (ethnicity, writing style, favorite things,
Who or what inspired you to write, etc)

And finally!

The Topic (which won by only ONE vote)

Female perspectives on love (firstlove, lost love, new love, true love etc)

There are really no rules for your post, just follow the topic and see what you can come up with.
The only thing I ask is that you submit your work to the post before the end of the month and you show love to other posts.And you post under your name (for neatness) and comments go under the comments folder...THANX!

And lastly:
I wrote something for all of you…and for the reader’s understanding

In dedication to all the females: ( to readers)

This collaboration provides the opportunity for females not only to share their unique perspectives and experiences but also allows us to teach outsiders in some way a new and fresh concept that may have been overlooked. I also hope to unify the female experience… because feminine traits (“feminine traits” was used to label this, however, does not imply that only females contain these) such as sensitivity, connection, and nurturing have been so long considered inferior and repressed in our society as a whole, need to be recognized. A lot of races have been repressed by ignorance, prejudice, and manipulation- we too- as women have been considered minorities in our emotions, and in our positions http://www.rockrgrl.com/6/rant.html
(Sensitivity is considered weak (in society), and according to recent polling I learned that yes, females continue to make less money than males working the same position) Also, let’s remember that it was only a few decades ago that females were granted equality, with the right to vote (but that was only in the U.S., still in a lot of places, females are still inferior- considering in countries such as Egypt and other countries that circumcise women- it’s called FGM=female genital mutilation www.religioustolerance.org/fem_circ.html why? So men can promote their phallic views, women cannot lie about virginity, and also so they do not receive pleasure from sexual interactions. We all also remember what women were forced to do in Iraq, www.ncccusa.org/iraq/women.html etc. and even in China with the “one child” policy www.nzz.ch/english/background/2001/02/16china.html women are often embarrassed by the lengths the country goes to – to make sure that they do not have more than one child (such as monitoring a woman’s menstral cycle publicly, and because they have this policy couples keep the boys and often “get rid of” the girls (for the family name, etc)
These are just some examples of how women are still somewhat inferior today. Even though we are “allowed” to work jobs and vote there’s still thoughts in me that cause me to think that society allowed it simply because they saw that allowing women to do these things would increase society production, creating more money, and votes for a campaign, etc. and why not?! We sell sperm online!
Also… Yes, women have the natural instinct for nurturing and connection … But I personally think that ALL of us do. It’s just that from a young age we are taught to act differently so therefore we contort to our conditioning
But women may be also still inferior with how we view love and relationships. Women often treat love as our “existence” rather than a feeling. (derived from Dr. Laura’s 10 Stupid Things That Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives) We may sell ourselves out for a “man” .. such as fighting the girl if our man cheats, or even giving up our dreams and aspirations for love. But what a lot of us forget to understand is: genuine love supports us! It’s not repression! And aren’t you tired of being repressed? First in position in society, but it continues in most relationships. (don’t front! I speak from me making many “adjustments” for a man, and then I opened my eyes and viewed other relationships and saw that the majority of fems do it also)
There’s too many instances where the man is supported but the woman is not, Need I elaborate further?! (turn on your local talk show if you don’t know what I’m talking about)
That’s why I hope to promote FEMALE UNITY with this collaboration; it means a lot more to me than you all think, I feel we need to get some points across… And I feel anyone who doesn’t support this lacks love and respect for themselves (man or woman).

Aight nuff said! I’m sure u get the point!
I know I brought up some controversial views here, that will probably spark a lot of opinions and view points, however, I’m not one sided and acknowledge that women have contributed a lot to society, etc http://www.wrpm.org.uk/
( I also approach this not condescendingly, but from experience.. I hope you all don’t think that I’m selfish to voice my views in this post, but these underlying thoughts have been bubblin’ and are the main reason that I’m provoked to do this in the first place!!)
I do not want any of you to forget the main point thought: and that is ….that generally in humanity that we do not have to hide our sensitivity and fragility and that when we choose to express it… it does not have to be manipulated, or considered weak, but rather a genuine strength!

So let’s stick together like The Jazzyfatnastees, Thelma and Louise, The Women of Brewster’s Place, Wynona and Naomi Judd and anyone else you can think of … Ghyea! www.girlsinc-oc.org/timeline.htm
I hope this promotes the autonomy in every one of us ……woman or man.
Peace & love & respect!

-Stephani
peep www.3kingsmusic.com and post ur poems on the forums! Support independent, positive hiphop!

I'm a H.E.R.B.
Holotyped Existance
Rhetoric Bound

The new me is like: A woman killed in ruffles; falling to the ground with her hair spread out; her wrist secreting ambiant neon blood
Juggling the moon and stars in palms; with the flecks in the eyes turning globes confetti like yearns of non-existant love...
Running in barefoot brooks; with the moon arching its reflection up the aching backs where he holds onto my hips and sways me
my dreams are:
Renewing again amoungst the mating mossrocks stay satiated coining a pith in a breathy palms; so so sappy drenching dreary destiny to bloody toned walls
my heart calls: callused and waving kites colors hues meshing, please feel me- I'm so-so soft- scratching like cat napes, round and female with sun-dresses blowing passion.. kiss the wind swiveling tears on cheeks, the light beams behind my curls, I pose and bleeeeeeed with pain on my sleeve...
engulf: anger,sadness, happiness changing to squared rolling wheels, penetrate the projections of emotional mattresses... I feel open.. constantly.. dream of my transparent body unzipping my skin and stepping out of me.. and I run to cotton-candy padded fields and glow with bliss, and he will wait with his arms open- like that of jesus and view me- patiently...cuz he knows I tripped on my way there and I'm all bruised... ~ me