Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ode to 3rd i...... (R.I.P.)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=19007&mesg_id=19025
19025, RE: Ode to 3rd i...... (R.I.P.)
Posted by Mahogany5952, Tue Aug-29-06 04:05 PM
That was a lovely tribute. My fleshly brother, MALACHI aka Mike (but my brother in so many ways) called me when he first found out. H ewas devastated--as was I. So wrong that life becomes somehow too hard to find the will to keep breathing. But I share with you--and everyone else--the scripture that comforts me most when faced with loss:

(Luke 20:38) 38 He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him...

I did some add'l research on that scripture, and this is what I found:

*** g04 4/22 p. 12 Where Can You Find Real Hope? ***
Is that not comforting? The dead are in the safest situation imaginable, like an infant protected within its mother’s womb. Indeed, those resting in the grave are perfectly preserved within the limitless memory of Almighty God. (Luke 20:37, 38) And soon they will be brought back to life, entering a happy, welcoming world much the way a newborn is greeted by a loving, waiting family! So, there is hope even in the face of death.

*** w03 8/15 p. 32 God’s View of the Dead ***
God’s View of the Dead
THE death of a loved one is indeed distressing. The empty feeling, the loneliness, and the sense of loss are unfathomable. Bereavement can make a person feel helpless, for regardless of how much wealth, power, or influence he might possess, no one now on earth can restore a dead person to life.
However, our Creator looks at matters differently. Having formed the first human from the dust of the ground, he is also able to re-create a dead person. For this reason, God can view the dead as though they were alive. Regarding faithful servants of old who have died, Jesus said: "They are all living from standpoint."—Luke 20:38

So, I hope that brings you a measure of peace & comfort. Don't be consumed by guilt. Life is too fragile for "what ifs". And, truly--she's with God now. And resting and at peace.

Love,
Kyla