Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectQueen Anne
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=17473&mesg_id=17475
17475, Queen Anne
Posted by InGeniousPoet, Thu Aug-11-05 01:42 PM
Queen Anne Gulf of Guinea, (December 21, 1783 a.d.)

Lord John looked out over the marvelous Afrikkan sea. The blue waves seemed made of crystal he thought. He began thinking about the cargo from Niger that had just been loaded onto the boat. He quickly became angered at the site of them. The Oracle had given him 75 men that were all puny compared to the slaves he had aquired from Cameroon, Sierra Leon and the landlocked nations of Chad. He would never be able to sell these savages when he arrived to Jamestown. And when he stood them next to the Mandigos he got from inland Cameroon, if he was able to sell them it would be at a completely unbearble rate.

"Lord John! What shall we do with the Nigers? Where shall we put them?" A Portuguese crewman holler up to him.

All of the slaves had a different task. For some it was cooking and cleaning linens he had traded for. For others it meant repairing the hull of the ship, painting the outside of the ship or manning the sails. He would make the Nigers scrub the deck of the ship and dispose of all the waste down below.

"Put them below and give them a double serving of their meal today!" He holler back.

"Aye, my Lord"

"My Lord." A soft voice behind him started "We havent enough rations for all them to get double servings and also feed the other cargo." Daniel said.

"Do not tell me how to tend to my cargo! I must make these scrawny animals to look decent by the time we get to Jamestown! Do you think I care if others suffer? As long as they all make it to America I could care less for these inexpicable excuses for humans!" He screamed at the first mate.

In fact, he had thought this through quite a bit. He had decided that he would keep the rations away from the Mandigos, only feeding them enough to survive and hereby ensuring that the most powerful of the warriors on his ship could not initiate any type of mutiny. The Nigers would gain their worth in wieght and he would turn a profit. He could taste it. He wanted them to scrub the deck under the unforgiving Atlantic sun, wanted them to be the hardest worker he had, simple to ofset any questions of their worth to sharecroppers and the tobacco plantation owners and slave merchants.

"No Daniel, I changed my mind, get those Nigers out here on the deck now! We set sail in an hour."

Next Part Jamestown

--Boxcarboys