Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectRE: And now the main event ......LIF VS. WHATEVEA
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=16795&mesg_id=16806
16806, RE: And now the main event ......LIF VS. WHATEVEA
Posted by hdub, Wed Sep-28-05 11:01 PM
damn this is close

first off, lif gets points for bringing it in audio- the beat was tight (again a beat i liked better than the cliche joint) although one thing is those "whoo's" are corny to me

BUT- as far as i know this is a battle of written rhyme skills so im gonna try to not include the audio in my evaluation

and that being said i gotta give this to whateva, altho by the SMALLEST of margins

tho this was the best line of the battle:

>of course, it aint no safe haven/
>so i suggest u evacuate my borders now - i'm Ray Nagin/

i thought the rest of lifs rhyme was pretty much been there done that shit- and this part was just whack:

>to Whateva u pop, i'm like "Whateva, whatnot"/
>and Whateva u not is like Whateva i got/
>got ya crew saying Whateva u drop are big "ifs"/
>you might can spit a little, but not like Big Lif/

also points lost for using words that dont rhyme- you make it work on audio but on first read it came off whack i already deleted the rhyme but the first example is frank up top and i think the second is hoarse or something

as far as whatevas- i really dug this line:

>You unstable Lif don't step to me without a bannister
>I'm enlightening, Enclopedia Brown and Brittannica

also dug the mumra line cause thundercats was my shit back in the day:

this was whack tho- like he shouting out lifs name in a verse against him- and "fickle to the T"--- i dunno how well that works

but the flow of this whole thing whateva wrote was nice- you a dude id like to hear an audio from

anyways whateva's was a little short for my taste and not his best work lyrically but like i said lif's was old news- im your dad, puns based on types of sicknesses, fans not receiving you

plus i feel like if i was hearing two MC's of equal skill flow these live whatevas would have more interesting parts

but like i said this was close as hell and could have gone either way- nice drop from you both, looking forward to seeing next week's matches