Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectHair Grease -- & -- Scrambled Eggs ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=15652&mesg_id=15654
15654, Hair Grease -- & -- Scrambled Eggs ...
Posted by PhotoSynthesis, Wed Jul-20-05 09:50 AM
I'm NOT a storyteller -- (At least not like some on this board) -- But here it go:

Moma gripped me with her knees at first -- My shoulders stabilized by her firmness -- As she raked thru my scalp -- From forehead to base of neck -- My redemption was felt only when tiny glops of coconut oil hair grease hit my scalp -- Sliding from one end of my head to the other -- :) -- (((SOOTHING))) -- :) -- But then she'd jerk my head again -- Pulling me further back -- As her thighs held me in a vise~grip so I couldn't move or pull away.

I wasn't really THAT tender~headed, but the way she attacked my head felt more like punishment than a rewarding weekly ritual -- (Make that a bi~monthly ritual -- And if I was lucky, maybe just a monthly ritual) -- :P -- Hell, at 10 yrs. old, I could grease my own damn scalp -- (or so I thought) -- But moma said I put too much grease on my hair & scalp and left greasy stains on the pillowcases, couch & chairs, and sometimes even my clothes -- :(

Moma said shoulder length hair required more maintenance than what I was giving it -- (Even if my hair was of a fairly nice texture & grade -- Wit my ponytail & bangs wearin' self -- :9 ) -- And I wasn't really combing it thoroughly from root to ends -- So by the time she got to it -- It was kinked and knotted in the center -- *Ouchie*

I didn't start gettin' "relaxers/perms" in my head til' I was 14 -- So I endured the torture of mom's scalp greasin' ritual for a few more years -- (And truthfully, IT WASN'T "THAT" BAD) -- But the memory of mom's thigh grippin' strength makes me realize why Dad loves her so much! -- *LoL* -- :P

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the meantime --

Most mornings we didn't have time for a decent sit~down breakfast -- Toast & jelly -- Fruit -- A piece of cheese or yogurt -- Cereal -- Anything quick to grab and eat "ON THE GO" was acceptable -- So we had "Breakfast Dinners" quite often.

Mom was usually tired after work, and didn't feel like hangin' over the stove cookin', bakin', peelin', scrapin' etc., etc. -- Plus, breakfast dinners were quick & easy, nahmean?

I always volunteered to make the scrambled eggs -- Cuz I wasn't into gettin' popped with bacon grease -- x( -- Plus, aaiiiirrrybody LOVED my eggs -- (With grated cheddar cheese and half & half cream in da mixxx) -- A dash of onion powder and a sprinkle of dried parsley made for a pretty presentation and aromatic serving.

The thick pepper laced bacon was crispy like I liked it -- (Mom could fry ^UP^ some bacon like nobody's business -- :) ) -- But we cheated on the hash browns -- Using the frozen kind, doctored up with more onion powder, garlic powder, coarse ground pepper, paprika & dried parsley. French Toast was also frozen -- (Hey! -- We tryna hurry Up and eat here!!!) -- :9 -- But after the REAL butter was melted on the toast -- And that delicious maple syrup was slathered on it -- We was ready to "chow down" like there was no tomorrow!!! -- *chuckles* -- Orange juice topped it off nicely -- And in my case, it always made me forget about my tender headed torture -- (See ^UP^ Above) -- From the scalping ritual! -- :P

~Bon' Appetite'~