Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectBARTEK MAGAZINE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=15084&mesg_id=15097
15097, BARTEK MAGAZINE
Posted by blak_yukon, Thu Jun-16-05 04:18 PM
Bartek: Blak, you have taught me almost everything I know, you always had patience, and you were always willing to peep anything that I recorded, or just to hear me run off at the mouth with bars, how do you keep your head in this game?

Thanks for being interested in my opinion of things concerning music. The thing is it's always been around...it wasn’t by choice; my brother in law who passed years ago was a D.J. As a kid i'd always hang around him when he was practicing for his night gigs. Thumbing through his vinyl collection, mom would have music playing while cleaning or beating my ass. Coming up in the 80's hiphop was just as common as sirens so it was just like that. Guess I'm saying i've been so immersed in the game before it was referred to as being in the game. It's as natural as farting...

Bartek: How do you give so much of who you are, in order to perpetuate the real essence of hip hop?

I’m not sure if I follow through with what you’re asking. Is it a question of me just being me? Because I won’t lie; sometimes I wonder how I could add a bit of sensationalism to my shit. But the sincerity through flow gives off the “realness”…at least I hope it does.

Bartek: Where do you stand on politics? Waste of time? Worth thinking about?

I have opinions when it comes to politics but I never felt compelled to put it to a beat, like dead prez or Immortal Technique. A sentiment that’s politically charged might get slid in to something else I’m speaking on cause it relates. But other than that a rap is just a personal journal…so, speaking out against the war in Iraq won’t be heard from me. Though I would like to hear somebody do it, y’know?

Edit: sure it’s been done but I’m referring on a large scale.

Bartek: What is Blak's take on love? What type of woman makes Blak bow his head?

Lol…I have two women in my life right now, let me explain. One, she’s my ex but we’re still very much involved in each other’s lives. The other; well…I tried to get at but it just has worked out as us being friends. The thing is…they are totally two different types of women, the ex being a case of “opposites attracting” while the other being damn near alike to myself. I know I love them both very much. Love in a sense that with the ex…yes, I’m still in love with you, with what we’ve done and planned together. It didn’t work out but you’ve added so much to my life. The other is a kind of love that says yes…I still want to hit but please believe I can be there as a voice of reason, we both trying to improve our circumstances so who better to relate with. I’d bow my head before them but they’d act like I was out to hit…they’d be right,ha.

Bartek: When can we expect to hear you on audio again? Cause you know, we all waiting.

Man…for those who record at a studio, yall know how it when you have a rapport with the studio guy. He knows you and he knows how to set the levels on everything to better represent your sound. I’ve lost that due to m’man having another business to start up with his family. So now you got to start over and seek out a studio, establish what it your trying to do, and have other people see your vision. In a nutshell…that’s a good question…I want to know when I’ll hear another audio from me too,ha.

<<----inbox me for one-----

http://ryanavery.com/musick/