Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectRE: OK OK, fair enuf
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=14604&mesg_id=14820
14820, RE: OK OK, fair enuf
Posted by AUS, Thu Jun-09-05 03:13 PM
ok.

i respect the fact you broke it down. respect. but i must retort that the only one that i hear that he really doesn't ride the beat is the freestyle one. i will give you the gripe that he didnt write to these beats. I am a dictator in the booth so i just tell dudes to get in there and rhyme. with that said how i just dont hear the same thing as you. he was on beat and he had swag. you say you came up on all the real emcees (tip, rakim, etc.), hopefully you bring this in your audio as opposed to some pop rapper (ie 50, camron, insert your favorite top 40 rapper here). furthermore my interest is piqued on your beat making skills since "you dig" and so forth. as far as the other dudes, my man frak gets off, yukon gets off, and as much as i'd hate to say it that clown zin gets off (get off ya own dick bitch before you get an ever bigger head). i can't front it's a lot of dudes on these boards who write ill verses that i could take to the booth and murder, and i rhyme every 3 years or so. that said, i feel your gripe that it is something that you just have. some have to grow into it, some just have that natural bragaddocio. eagerly anticipating the latter from you. anything else would be a let down.