Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectOK OK, fair enuf
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=14604&mesg_id=14819
14819, OK OK, fair enuf
Posted by flashiusclay, Thu Jun-09-05 02:44 PM
My main gripe with most of the "keystyle" cats, particularly Hdub and Ric, is that they do not use the beat to their advantage. The beat simply plays in the back while they sloppily recite a verse that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the beat.

Ric has these solid rhyme schemes, but they way he formats his rhymes to a beat is just unpolished. His flow? What flow? That shit is just garbage. He has no personality on the mic, he has no force, he sounds like the billions of amateur rappers that you can find around Earth. I dont know where to begin. You know how you listen to a song and you can tell within the first 30 seconds and its a banga or not? Well, when I heard your boy, the precise second he started "spittin" (I use the term spit loosely, that was not spittin)
I knew it was a lost cause.

I'm almost 25 years old, and I been rhymin since 15. By the time I was 18 I knew how to write to a beat, and format a verse to a beat, and since I first started I could rhyme to the beat. Dub and Ric write all types of rhymes, and if I spit em, or someone with a rudimentary overstanding of flow spit em, they might be kinda hot.
But these two hacks cannot rhyme to beat. I have experience in this, and I am a good teacher and talent scout. I wouldnt waste my time with these two toys.

Any skilled rapper knows how to ride a beat, I didnt hear a true skilled rapper on none of these clips, and I'm still listening. No disrespect to the other emcees, yall aint the ones sayin I couldnt rap in real life. I aint got no problems with the other fellers so I'll be nice and direct my criticism to those who stepped on my toes.

Hdubs audio is floating around, that shit was even many times weaker than ric's stuf if that is possible. Hdub has no business anywhere near any kind of recording device or microphone unless he's the engineer. Hdub, you have no future in hip hop music. Period.

I gotta say I feel kind of stupid getting in thses petty arguments with these horrible toys, but how can I let cats this weak pop shit at me? I maintain I'm a real emcee and I've never met a person I couldnt outspit in a cypher or battle. I've lost some battles in an organized setting, (thats a whole nother but Ive yet to meet anyone (outside of my ace boon and that was once) who has ever spit hotter than me. I've been in massive cyphers where niggas is spittin their heart out, bustin all their writtens, and I come off the head and destroy (True story) with patterns, punches, stamina, style, finesse, zest, and zeal. And I write. And I make beats, and I dig for breaks, and I schooled niggas on SP-1200s and MPCs and ASRs, and I taught myself how to do all that shit.

I aint the toy here. But if you dont believe me, hold onto your cheeks til Monday. I'm bout to Nagasaki this board.

edit: oh yeah. dub, you lost that match betwixt us. Go back and tally the votes