Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectsomething else from my blog, dated 8/10/03
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=14210&mesg_id=14250
14250, something else from my blog, dated 8/10/03
Posted by Trace, Tue Mar-22-05 12:19 PM

the sun is shinin bright as hell outside but it's rainin like the devil.

'the devil is beating his wife'

i've always wondered about that phrase. such a negative & dreary stigma for sumthin so inspiring as the sun cutting thru thunderheads to shine even tho it ain't posed to.

'the devil's wife is shinin even tho she ain't posed to.'

but that wld akin the sun to the devil (if it's the devils wife that's shining, that wld make her the sun, right? which wld be in cohorts w/ evil itself, being married to it & all), & i suppose something so celestial & heavenly shld be held as a polar opposite to hellfire & brimstone & alla that.

know what tho?
i think that maybe it's not such a negative connotation after all. she got a lil too bright for him; he beats her cause he's scared of her beauty & sheen. drop after drop after drop, he sends his goons out to drive the masses indoors, out of her rays & away from her beauty. u'd think she'd just shy away w/ no one on earth to keep her company, but nope. she's still out, still shining.

so the devil is beating his wife.

still, she shines.

i bet if lil blk girls knew that, it wld be the one time they brave those liquid fists & risk gettin their perms wet to play in the sun.