Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectYUKON MAGAZINE.XI
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=14077
14077, YUKON MAGAZINE.XI
Posted by blak_yukon, Mon Jan-31-05 07:20 PM
Sup, world…My name is Uncle Blak and I’m a baby mama…

Welcome to “Be kind to black people” month. Shout out to all the baby mommas but I want to big up the matriarch of the Freestyle Boards. She just brushes off that tag every time I say it, that’s just her style though, she just speaks what’s on her mind and keep’s it moving. Mindful (the perfect mistake) in fact is who I’m speaking of; I got a chance to shoot the izness with her for a bit. See her perspective on some things during this month. BTW…Fantasia can bite the side of a whole watermelon…never mind. Let’s get on with the show.

YM. Gotta say...we've started here about the same time and if there was ever to be a "Lifetime Achievement Award". You'd definitely get my vote. People come and go but you've been here for what’s seems like since day one till this moment, constantly hitting us off with incredible works.

*shrugs* thanks... I’m flattered by that comment blak.

YM. What constitutes being happy for Mindful.

Whoa... what constitutes being happy for me? Honestly, I’d be totally happy if I was where I would like to be in life rite now. I am not there yet, so I am not totally happy. I am, nonetheless, okay with where I am... I’d be happy if I was financially stable, out of the area in which I am (Statesboro, Georgia), and at peace with some past issues. As soon as those rocks are moved and my life begins to take a turn in which I feel will be for the best, I’ll be totally happy. But for now, I am happy reading, listening to music, spending time with family and friends, and learning new and interesting things on a daily basis.

YM. Collaborations...I notice rarely (if ever) you've gone that route. Is that by choice?

I’ve done I think a total of about 3 collabs, if that... yes, it's by choice for me, cuz there are very few styles or tones i can mix and mingle with. Me and AminaNiaRA aka Nubian aka AminaMoonbeam did a couple of collabs within her posts or my posts... PolarBear and I did one as well, and I am forgetting one other... but yes, it's by choice, it's actually hard for me to fit into the groove of another person's writing and make it all come together as if in sync... I wanna get better at that though...

YM. It's February, right? Black History Month. We were kickin'it sometime last year online. You started to share your views concerning black men. We’re you on this subject these days?

"Ahhhh-sooo..." um, where am I on that now? *giggles to self* I am in the forgetting stage, b/c I have already forgiven some past happenings... but trying to forget is what I want to do. I don't necessarily hate men, I am just, I believe more aware of some differences they own, and trying to become more aware of some actions/qualities I own as well. Overall, I am still not too thoroughly interested in most men though. Just a few... a *small* percentage.

YM. Do black women view Asian women as also being women of color? Do black women think Asian women are out to steal black men?
Edit: I was talking with this chick on this topic. She's Asian and dealt with black dudes, and I've been involved w/an Asian chick once. I didn’t feel any sort of bad vibes when we were out and about. But her dealings with dating out
of here race was a bit tense...just looking for your take on it.

I can't speak for all black women, but I can speak for myself. I don't care what color, creed, race, and of what culture, one may be. If you are content with whom you are with, then kudos to you and yours. As for Asian women being people of color, that is a first for me... I have never been fronted with this question. Honestly, I'd have to say, I don't know. *shrugs* people of color, when u think of it in depthly, the answer would have to be emphatically, yes. And the whole "stealing black men" thing. I think we live in a society, nation that are too focused on whom one is dating, and why. I mean, who the hell really cares? If a black man wants to be with an Asian, white, Hispanic, or a black woman, then let him be with that woman... no matter her ethnicity or race.

YM. Would you consider a relationship with a woman?

Going for the low blow, I see. I have been interested in several women. Actually fell in love with one. But, as I get older, and time passes, I cannot see myself with a woman, living out my life with one. I need time to be weak, and I don't think I’d have much time to do that with another female, nor would I actually want to.

YM. Belgian Waffles (Favorite) could be adapted as a screenplay or a book, or at least a good start. Ever plan on having your works published?

I do. I am so... behind on several works... a novel, and a poetry book. I honestly don't have the "get up and go" I once did...The Belgian Waffles Series is not my favorite series though... I am more partial to The War Has Just Begun Series. But yes, to not get away on too far of a tangent, I do plan on having some more published.

YM. Before we jet...The perfect mistake...is that mindful's outlook on herself?

The perfect mistake is how I view myself. long story short, my mother was young when she got pregnant with me... did so, she said, to kinda keep my father and follow suit with her best friend (my god-sister's mother), but realized she'd be a mother at 17, and wanted to abort... my father, did not wanna take that route, vowed to take care of his child and support her, and she resumed her initial thought of being a mother, therefore not aborting... thus, you have the perfect mistake... *shrugs* I like it, it has a nice ring to it if you ask me...

blak, thanks for taking out the time to conduct this interview. I admit, I am not much for spewing out the personals publicly, but after some deep thought, I figured why the hell not? *nods* take it easy man~

a red flag is upon you,

blk

you will like vicversus...

You know, some of us are better than most of us in some things, but none of us are better than all of us in everything.(c) Trick Daddy

http://uncleblaksplace.blogspot.com/
14078, RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.XI
Posted by delrica, Mon Jan-31-05 07:31 PM
For those new to the Yukon Magazine experience, check out previous issues in the archives, aight?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP Simmon Teffera (1983-1/15/2003), you are always with us.

"Before I became a member of this group, I thought a Haiku was just a villian on the "Samauri Jack" cartoon." © Nowachaoticthing

"This Chapbook Was Made With Pilfered Office Products" by Delrica Andrews - Now on Sale
($6 including S & H) ... just email me or hit the inbox w/ your info (I do accept paypal payments)

■ ■ ■ ■ ■
14079, RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.XI
Posted by DeCisive, Tue Feb-01-05 05:52 AM
That was an interesting read. Much love to Mindful and peace to blak.
14080, This was the wackest issue
Posted by Zin, Tue Feb-01-05 06:38 AM

just playing ...but i'm mad it took so long... she shudda been numba 4 cause it was me...photo ...somedude and then mindful ha ha ha
14081, RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.XI
Posted by truth, Tue Feb-01-05 08:35 AM
i appreciate your honesty tre... thanks for doing an interview blak. i love this woman & her work. the collabo i envision is turning one of them short stories into a film... i wonder if i can convince u tre...

14082, i love you too..
Posted by the perfect mistake, Tue Feb-01-05 02:26 PM
just say the word...

*nods*

==============

i self replicate
until i am all that's left... ©ASIEM
14083, mindful is
Posted by jayare214, Tue Feb-01-05 12:20 PM
talented and down to earth and a true fan of the written word. I have watched her grow since I first came on, and shes ALWAYS been one of my favorites to read. I love her sense of self in the universe. good work mr. G good work.

14084, *waves*
Posted by soulchild, Tue Feb-01-05 05:27 PM
lovely.
always dig your honesty, ma'am.

14085, bout time.
Posted by paperdollpoet, Tue Feb-01-05 07:32 PM
ha.

great read! the questions & answers kept me interested all the way thru.

good job to both parties.

---
→ → →

14086, RE: bout time.
Posted by blak_yukon, Thu Feb-03-05 03:04 PM
trust...it aint like i didnt try sooner...glad yall diggin'it...

shalom,
blk

You know, some of us are better than most of us in some things, but none of us are better than all of us in everything.(c) Trick Daddy

14087, that was directed at mindful/tre/p.m...
Posted by paperdollpoet, Tue Feb-08-05 11:13 AM
because i know she was dodging the bullet for a while.

---
→ → →

14088, *shrugs* u know i was...
Posted by the perfect mistake, Tue Feb-08-05 12:53 PM
*nods*

*2*

========================

i self replicate
14089, !
Posted by LaDeeDeF_99, Tue Feb-01-05 08:43 PM
1) thanks blak
2) thank you mindful for your honesty, insight, and criticism over the years.

peace to both

deffy

14090, thanks you guys...
Posted by the perfect mistake, Wed Feb-02-05 07:48 AM
ladee, u're more than welcome... thank u for writing so damn well *nods*

==============

i self replicate
14091, RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.XI
Posted by PhotoSynthesis, Wed Feb-02-05 03:27 AM
I see you didn't waste any time this month puttin' this well deserved interview on display, blak -- *smiles* -- And that's a GOOD THING!

But whas' this about?:

>Sup, world…My name is Uncle Blak and I’m a baby mama…

You sure you didn't mean: "Youze a baby daddy?" -- *chuckles* -- Or maybe you're just a Mama's boy ~ baby! -- *LoL* -- j/k

In any case, you did this one up nicely -- As Usual.

And Ms. Mindful -- Thanx for the lil' peek into your world -- (((Much Appreciated)))

14092, telling so much
Posted by rgv, Wed Feb-02-05 05:04 AM
but telling so little

14093, exactly nm
Posted by the perfect mistake, Wed Feb-02-05 07:47 AM

==============

i self replicate
14094, very nice...
Posted by Preach, Wed Feb-02-05 01:41 PM
mind...the falling in love question was a deep one...props on answering...

learned alot w/ just those few qs.
14095, lovin this...q&a..
Posted by clarion, Wed Feb-02-05 05:32 PM
miss t please keep in mind that all that God has for u is beyond ur fingertips..keep reachin for it all..

when i read ur work it reminds me a pianist startin in with c note low leadin with a accousted guitar in g..they float nicely together if done correctly..
14096, i love her soo much
Posted by 3rd i, Wed Feb-02-05 05:49 PM
wow... just great...much deserved.

myspace: http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7641819

www.spitfirepoetrygroup.com
http://www.soularmada.net/okaysistas/

http://www.okayplayer.com/chat.htm

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/tishanachipp
14097, *sdon* i have this vibe that i
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Feb-03-05 03:53 PM
pick up from her. very rational & calming

my teams
11-5: now that's not in the playbook. but it should be. (GREAT job and season fellas.)
13-3: let me hear ya battle cry! aaaiieee aieee aieee aiee! (FINISH IT! (c) green goblin)

14098, and there it is.
Posted by Orula, Sun Feb-06-05 07:26 AM
most enjoyed you guys.

_space_is_the_place_
14099, she sounds like a pro
Posted by Jason Voorhies, Tue Feb-08-05 11:35 AM
j.
14100, i am nowhere near one. but thank you tho. nm
Posted by the perfect mistake, Tue Feb-08-05 12:54 PM

========================

i self replicate
14101, aww
Posted by robynwildchild, Fri Feb-11-05 07:32 AM
i like the fact that you do these interviews.. i have just gained more insight into the head of a fellow artist .. mindful i admire your thought process... good interview..

and hell if the men ain't doin it then the women sure can!

PEACE
14102, as of the 26th
Posted by blak_yukon, Fri Feb-11-05 11:34 AM
thanks

YUKON MAGAZINE is 1 yrs old...imagine that.

blk

14103, what a surprise
Posted by delsbrothergeorge, Fri Feb-11-05 03:27 PM
i never expected you to go in for something like this, tre.

glad you did, though. interesting read. and props where they are most certainly due. i hope this tribute leads to your work getting the exposure it deserves.

keep breathing. you make the world a better place everytime you exhale.

14104, ya know, i kinda have this thing of not being totally
Posted by the perfect mistake, Sat Feb-12-05 05:41 AM
public, and u know this, cuz you know me... but after a whole year of denouncing an interview, i figured why the hell? ya know? it's just free... *shrugs*

as for me and breathing... i shall certainly try man. thank u. u're just the friendly reminder i needed today :-)

========================

i self replicate
14105, you like the black bryant gumble,huh
Posted by Jason Voorhies, Tue Feb-15-05 01:23 AM
j.
14106, LMAO!
Posted by LaDeeDeF_99, Sat Feb-19-05 07:50 PM
for some reason this was hella funny

peace
ladee
14107, turn the lights off
Posted by rgv, Tue Feb-15-05 11:39 AM
i cannot stop singing this song
oh man--- turn da lites off---- turn da lites off---- WICKED!

either way, where did the asian question come from?