Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectSamara The Suicide Fairy Pt. 3
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=13136&mesg_id=13140
13140, Samara The Suicide Fairy Pt. 3
Posted by KnowOne, Mon Mar-01-04 09:30 AM
Samara The Suicide Fairy Pt. 3

She came to his apartment the night after, dressed in her eternal black.

"Hi Samara."

"Hello Josh."

"Do you trust me?" he asked, leading her into the bathroom.

"You make me live." she said, as only means of answer.

"Then please, take off your clothes."

Her face was stricken by panic.

"No…" she said, "You can't …..Can't see me…" she starting panicking and mumbling
incomprehensible things.

He took her by the shoulders and shook her.

"It's ok, it's ok. You don't have to take your clothes off."

She looked very relieved.

He helped her into the tub of warm water. She giggled a bit, not knowing what was going on.

"Alright now. Put your head under water, close your eyes and let all the air out of your whole body. When you're done, come up and breathe."

She nodded and ducked into the water, blowing out. Josh hadn't expected this, but she blew softly for over 5 minutes. She didn't seem to need help, so he let her be.

Suddenly, her eyes snapped open and she sat upright, gasping for air. Josh held her up so as she wouldn't fall back in.

"I'm… I'm born." she said, out of breath. Josh laughed heartily, hearing that cry. He helped her out of the bathtub as she dripped all over the floor.

"But now I'm all wet." she whined.

"Well new-born babies are all wet too. I'll help you dry up, don't worry."

He started drying her up, but found it was hard, and that her scarf, heavy with water, was
choking her.

"You should take off at least your scarf, it would help you to breathe better." He'd hit the right cord with the breathing part.

Seeing that she wasn't fighting back or freaking out, he slowly took the end of her scarf and unraveled it. As it came away, he saw many scars, some fresher than others, long slits across her throat, and many bruises. Though he hissed, either in shock or disgust, he didn't say anything, and she didn’t notice, looking at the floor in shame.

He started slipping her gloves off, and as more skin was exposed, he saw her wrists had been slit many times over. But still he took them off and said nothing as tears streamed down her face.

"What is it, Samara?" he asked, lifting her chin so her tear streaked face was looking directly at his.

"Look at me!" she said, thrusting her wrists in his face.

"Yes?" he said, seeing for the first time a violent feeling from her, and wanting her to explore it to it's maximum.

"I'm horrible. It's not my fault. My mother was fairy, too. And she was the Sadness Fairy. And all her sadness came into me. And so, every night, I kill myself! That's what they call me. The other fairies….they all laugh at me. Because I can never live. Because I always die. I am the Suicide Fairy…" as she said this, her eyes glowed bright green and the tattoo on her back became reality, as two giant butterfly wings grew behind her, as green as her eyes.

"My god you're beautiful…" suddenly he leaned down and kissed her lips, that had now turned green to match the rest of her. When he released her surprised lips, she had gone back to normal.

"It's almost midnight… I need to die." she said, pulling her gloves back on.

"Come back tomorrow. I'll make you live!" he promised, handing her the scarf.

"I will. I always do."