Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectSamara The Suicide Fairy Pt. 2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=13136&mesg_id=13139
13139, Samara The Suicide Fairy Pt. 2
Posted by KnowOne, Mon Mar-01-04 09:29 AM
Samara The Suicide Fairy Pt. 2

Josh sat, depressed as ever the next morning, in the cafe in his apartment building. His best friend came up him.

"Hey Josh. I've got some bad news man…."

"What?"

"You know that girl you was talking to at the party with last night? Well, she killed herself. She slit her wrists in one of the bed rooms. They found her and called an ambulance but it was too late. Do you know what happened?"

Josh’s eyes where blank. "No, I don't. We where over at my house, talking, I go into the kitchen to
get some food, and when I came back, she was gone. Oh my god…"

His friend sat puzzled as to why she would leave the party, go to Josh’s home, and then return to kill her self. And Josh was too stunned by the new to remember the scream & ambulance that he heard and saw the night before. Seeing the grief in Josh’s eyes he placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's ok. Don’t blame your self man. None of us knew she was going to do that. Look, I'm having just a little party tonight at my house. Why don’t you come by…..you know, take your mind off things. Be there, ok?"

"I'll try."

*that evening*

He'd finally found a room that wasn't used by junkies or couples having wild sex. And he just sat there, thinking of the girl from the night before. Had he imagined her? He was sitting with his head on his bent knees, fighting back tears and confusion, when he heard it.

"What's eating like?"

His head shot up. "You're alive? Am I dreaming?" He ran up to her, and grabbed her and touched her hair and arms and face. She looked slightly disoriented by all this attention, but smiled anyway.

"What's eating like?" she repeated, insisting.

"Let me show you. Let me show you everything!"

He grabbed her arm and rushed her out of the party, taking her to a corner store. He picked up a bar of chocolate, simple and plain, and without paying for it, unwrapped it, broke off a piece and put it to her mouth. She took and sucked it gently, letting the chocolate melt in her mouth. A glow in her eyes showed that this was the first time she experienced this.

"Are you going to pay for that??" said a voice, breaking the moment.

"Yes! And this, and this, and this too." he said picking up soft drinks and candy and an apple.
"And this."

He came out of the store with a bag full of delicious foods. He led her back to his apartment, where she tasted the candy and felt the fizz of the soft drinks on her tongue, as if for the first time.

After a while, they where both tired and laying on the couch.

"You make me feel alive." she said, quietly.

This brought back the news he'd had this morning. "What was that I heard of you killing
yourself? I assume it was someone else?"

"Oh no, it was me. I die every night. Nothing can stop it." she sounded very sad as she uttered
those words.

"I don't understand…"

"You might someday."

She said nothing more, so Josh continued to stroke her hair in silence.

"Tomorrow, can you make me be born?"

It was such an odd request that Josh didn't know how to answer. But fear she would not return if he denied her…

"I don't know how… but I'll try." he promised. “I’ll try!”

"Good. Now, sleep. And I'll be with you tomorrow. To live. "

When he woke up alone the next morning, after a night of dreams, he knew what to do.