Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectspreading broken wings
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=11738&mesg_id=11741
11741, spreading broken wings
Posted by mindful, Mon Jun-28-04 06:01 PM
there is this little gurl trapped, you see. afraid even to believe or find truth in people's eyes. she doesn't go searching for kind hearts, because as well all know, they don't exist. she believes that gospel will sicken the ears, that rap will coat the soul, and r&b is her saving grace... no love like hers will ever come along. no more twists of wonder. no more little dreams, specs of lite glimmering behind her left eye signaling her rite.

watch as she becomes the sad piece of shit that lives under your shoe. she'll shine only when needed. speak because life has told her to. and live because her heart will not stop beating.

i will remember her when i'm gone, perhaps one nite, i'll get brave enough to really end it all. perhaps one nite, i'll shove all the hurt and pain into someone else's heart and watch their mind explode. perhaps one nite, i'll *nod* in agreement with her, shed some skin, and walk on water... cuz i'm just that bad...

and then again

i've tried flying before

and i never land on my feet...

for those of us who are still learning how to love again. still feeling themselves hurt over and over and over. for those of us who will bad luck our way, because all of the good luck goes to those who don't deserve it...for those of us who believe suicide is the only way out, but are too afraid to choose it. for those of us who can jerk in their sleep and scare their best friends... for love.

for life.

for believing one day it will all get better...

for flying and never falling.

yeah, this one is for u.

================
nothing. live
frugally on
©alice walker