Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectMic Check
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=11615&mesg_id=11625
11625, Mic Check
Posted by One_Man_Amazin, Thu Jul-01-04 10:54 AM
In a world where so much is changing so fast why are we worry about who has the hottest lyrics? The revolution is under our noses, but “We the people“ are sniffing our own asses. Reparations thru record deals and recording contracts, contracting you to make the rich get richer by selling your form of expression; that’s pimping 101. So you must ask your self are you selling yourself short to the system? Have you forgotten who the creator of this art truly is? So who should eat off of it? Are we so caught up in self-righteousness that we now begin to overlook the true meaning of hip hop? Is it really about bucks blunts and bitches? Where did substance go? Who's responsible for hip hop’s demise in my cipher? We started this with unity and awareness in mind but we have since fell short of the goals and deviated from the plans; which were laid by forefathers. While our grandmothers and grandfathers are being raped by social security cuts, high medication costs and laws being passed to take away benefits they were promised ..and some gave lives for. So I ask are you ready for war? The new modified world order is taking place before your eyes young soldier. It now has stealth capability, cloning techniques, mind controlling power thru media. Where are the thinkers? Has modern philosophy stopped? Have “We the people “ started to take life at place value? (what ever they place in your face) America’s top news and information resources ..tainted with untruths and plagiarism, I ask is it just that easy? Have you been deceived into pagan beliefs of a slaves god? Where your master tells you to lay down and die rather than gird your armor. Why is it that heaven is such a perfect place but you feel you are blessed to be living? Ask your self what do you stand for ...and if it ain't upliftment of movement then sit your ass down!!!!