Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectI wasn't gonna post here at all...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=11026&mesg_id=11239
11239, I wasn't gonna post here at all...
Posted by Nowachaoticthing, Sat Aug-28-04 10:09 AM
...because I was afraid that I would leave someone out or come across as phony or superficial... and I didn't wanna cop out by saying "all yall have had an effect on me in some way".

I mean, even though it's true, it just seems like a cop out to me. No offense to anyone who made an all-encompassing post... I can certainly understand not wanting to single anyone out or just being flat-out too busy with reality to take a few moments to gather your thoughts... in fact, that's why I waited so long to post.

Well... that, plus the fact that I've been dealing with lots of negative drama lately and until recently, I've been too poisoned to drop something positive.

I'm babbling... But you're still reading... so who's REALLY at fault here? *smirk*

Enough about me, I shall now confront this post...

My Pretty Eyez: She doesn't post much anymore, but she remains my partner in crime, among other things. I'm still her biggest fan and it has very little to do with the bacon n eggs that she hooks me up with on the weekends.

PhotoSynthesis: My poetic conscience as well as my favorite metaphoric sand castle builder. I could go on and on here, but she knows what's up.

BarTek: Two words: "No Fear". Always innovative... never afraid to take chances or challenge others. I can also relate to his darker moods, manifested in some of his illest pieces.

PetraP: Refreshing new voice. The only "neighbor" that I know of in OKP (She only lives a couple miles away from me.)

Instant Axis: I'm not a big fan of battle threads, but I always go out of my way to see what this cat has to say. Mad, mad skills and a clever wit, to boot. Underrated poet as well.

gsquared: The 1st cat to give me positive feedback when I was a newbie. inovative. creative. Never confining his art to one or two defined styles... always reinventing himself through his work.

robynwildchild: her emotional style always fills me with empathy... when I'm not completely blown away by both her MC and poetic skills.

paperdollpoet: Another talented poet who tugs at my empathy strings. it's a rare gift to be allowed to see through someone else's eyes

Natalie: A skilled poet who not only inspired me, but actually challenged me (more like "coaxed me") to come out of my own comfort zone and try new things, if only for a moment or two.

delrica: I learned much from her... I had no idea there were so many different poetic styles out there.

KnowOne: I related to this cat's work long before he got all uppity and becams a mod *snicker*. Seriously, there is a darker side to this man that I feel like I have much in common with.

Otto: I don't wanna keep goin all "goth" on everbody, but I can relate to his darker pieces as well... this ofcourse speaks little of his overall talent, which is in great abundance. Only Otto can make a Haiku sound as profound as the Gettysburg Address.

Decstar: That playful, lighthearted good-natured exterior surrounds an amazing and talented MC and poet.

mara: One of the 1st artists to embrace me and take me under her wing as a newbie. A brave woman who is not afraid to expose her feelings for all to see. When I read her work, I feel a vulunerable spirit, yet a quiet strength as well.

Toothpick: Under. Freakin. Rated. Period. Incredible skills and a knack for spinning an entertaining story. Not to mention the "Dark Factor" (Instead of getting all Darth Vador on yall everytime and sayin "I can relate to his dark side" I'll just write "Dark Factor")

MiracleRic: Dark Factor Alert. Ric reminds me a lot of myself, only bigger, stronger, bolder, and a worse procastinator (he hit me up for a collabo almost a yr ago, I responded affirmatively, but I aint heard from him since... that's gotta be an all-time record for procastination.)

Honorable mentions: mindful, soulchild, Imagination_7, blak_yukon, bluetiger, delsbrothergeorge, revion... I don't know much about you folks, but I've read enough of your pieces to know that you are all uniquely talented and that affected and inspired me in some way.