Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectwhen i was 9 i asked my father about this topic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=10773&mesg_id=10864
10864, when i was 9 i asked my father about this topic
Posted by OrangeLoni, Wed Oct-06-04 11:18 AM
i've always been very opinionated, inquisitive etc etc especially when i was younger, anyway

his explanation basically boiled down to "all things happen for a reason"

but anyway, this is me talking now

how many "wrongful" abortions (okay, in your opinion all abortions are wrong) happen PER DAY?

and you want to suggest that the women who have these abortions go full term, have the baby and give them out like their last rolo?

there has to be something happening to keep this boat afloat... call it natural selection, callitwhateverthefuckuwant but infant death is decreasing, perhaps abortions are increasing, people are living longer, the population of the world is high.

and what are you going to do about the baby girls in China?

this isn't a jibe, you may take offense to this, by all means, please do, but seriously, are you thinking about what those women go through to have an abortion? have you ever met someone who has had an abortion? have you spoken to them about their experience? its not a drive through experience. it is soul crushing and draining and heart breaking. people make these decisions for a reason and it can TEAR THEM DOWN. its not on a whim, as you seem to be thinking, and i don't believe it is selfish.

look, the poem/piece posted was about a woman who IDENTIFIED with the child growing inside her.

not everyone does for reasons private and confidential to themselves.

id rather 10 mothers who WANT to be mothers than 1000 mothers who DON'T want to be mothers and CAN'T be mothers.

and there are a lot of these women out there, believe me.

to be honest, it would abuse in as many ways as you want to look at it. you can see it as child abuse if you like, but what happens if the baby isn't aborted, let's take a mentally stable 20 yr old woman with a good job, a boyfriend and a baby growing inside her.

she doesn't want the kid but she has it because "abortion is wrong"

there are a few outcomes here:
-she has the child and keeps it, but has post natal depression which fucks up her relationship with both her boyfriend and the baby. it becomes prolonged post natal depression and she starts beating on the kid, she's fucked up too and now you got a kid with some serious mental damage too. Nice Life. S/He will probably be in and out of 15 foster homes before s/he is 9.

-she gives the child to a desperate couple/orphanage. she immediately regrets it and becomes mentally unstable. her child finds out whenever children find out about being adopted etc and becomes extremely confused over the situation- upset on both sides.

-she gives the child away, the child finds out later that s/he was adopted and tries to find his/her mother who then DENIES his/her existance.

it's not even that, why give your baby to people you don't know? you can't trust? you never know what people are like behind closed doors.

there are so many possibilities i can't even type them out, they keep popping up. I know there are people who are not pro-choice but the fact of the matter is, sometimes it's just not your choice, no one ENJOYS having an abortion, but sometimes it's... what it is...

on a spiritual level i DO believe everything happens for a reason, and maybe that baby wasn't destined for that parent...

i'm talking bullshit now but... yeah... i hate this topic