Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectcheck the story
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=7575&mesg_id=7641
7641, check the story
Posted by Dutterman, Sun Aug-18-02 12:04 PM
I remember the first time I saw Slum Village perform/ November of 2000, Hammerstein Ballroom, far from warm/ three hours is how long I waited in line for/ so I could catch the action from the front row at the Okayplayer tour/ these cats from Detroit came on stage and said whats up?/ then they got wild and made all of New York fuckin raise it up/ during a high energy sequence T3 and Baatin got down low and back to back/ I got the picture with my disposable so if necessary I could prove that/ the show was dope but my memory of it is a little tainted/ the girl next to me that I was dancing with got so excited that she fainted/ concert ended so I went to go cop a shirt from the back/ got the last one with the tour roster, Okayplayer logo, plus it was black/ now almost two years later I'm met with the challenge of writing this rap/ and I have a new SV CD, thank god, hip hop was getting wack/ brought on Elzhi and on August 13th they dropped Trinity/ if the music world was right, the album sales would reach infinity/ to all the judges, come on you can't ignore me/ better read this shit again because it's a true story