Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFreestyle Board Archives
Topic subjectRE: Slum Village Contest!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=20&topic_id=7575&mesg_id=7586
7586, RE: Slum Village Contest!
Posted by TheProdigiousPoet, Mon Aug-12-02 05:00 PM
Commercial rappers I exploit/ they think slum village is a city in Detroit/ intelligent word play/ keepin the mental pictures painted/ hurting my people in the worst way/ leaving aspirations tainted/ our situation is a catalyst for revolutionary action/ your fashion doesn't intrigue me/ because I spend more Jackson's than Mike and T3/ I don't know why the fuc I'm fucin with you/ because when its time to take a stand nothing happens/ we continue to hit foul balls but yet we're still Baatin/ Falacio, interference, promiscuous, homosapians/ those four words compel me/ to take a world pilgrimage but I'm new to the village like Elzhi/ Street Science/ we the defiant/ deny any attempt or prevent an alliance/ teaching cultural chemistry/ combined with the ministry/ defy the enemy/ who persistently tries to diminish the trinity/ enigmatic havoc aligned/ it takes a village to raise a child, but slum village to raise a mind...

"The Revolution Will Be Live" Gill Scott-Heron