Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectplaying larger houses
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=9941&mesg_id=10001
10001, playing larger houses
Posted by Barticus, Mon Oct-14-02 10:25 PM
i'm all for the roots getting even bigger and playing larger places but please don't forget about the medium sized venues. i don't think anything can match the enegery of seeing a roots concert at the 930 club. i think the 3/3/01 930 show may be the best concert of my life (im just 19).

don't get me wrong, if the roots can headline an arena tour...with just the roots i would wait in line to get tix, it would be crazy to see what you could do if you had a big concert budget (see talking heads "stop making sence") or if you can fill a bassball staduim or whatever...i'll be there in a heartbeat,

but also PLEASE keep doing smaller shows too, you may have to play the 930 club for a whole week insted of just a weekend...whatever it takes. ive seen you at college/festival shows and they don't live up to seeing you at a place where the whole crowd knows all your songs, all the lyrics, and all want to dance.

>however, who dosn't want a larger audience? i've been doing
>this for 10 years, i think it's due time we get to play
>larger houses that my peers who started on that same level
>with us in 94 did.
>