Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti'm glad to see you're moving on with life...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=977&mesg_id=1024
1024, i'm glad to see you're moving on with life...
Posted by LiquidSwords3000, Mon Feb-14-05 11:16 PM
...even though the eagles lost

~~~Tron~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Avi: the holy grail of raw shit

The Legend of GZA:

"There's something about GZA, something about the way he talks that makes niggas tremble. One day me and a few of my brothers were pinned down inside an apartment building. Some guys from the projects had beef with us and we were trapped in there by maybe eight guys. GZA, he was the first one who had knowledge of himself but he also had this kind of naturally dominant vibe to him. So he puts on this Muslim crown-a kind of skullcap with a tassle-and puts on his star, and walks out there alone. He strides out and he says, "I'm Allah Justice, boy! From Brooklyn!"

And everybody submitted to him! They saw him, heard him, and they knew they didn't want problems with him. You didn't want problems with the gods back then. But GZA, he had this extra power in hs presence. This is back when niggas were using all kinds of big words and trying to rap fast and fill the space up with syllables. But GZA was taking it down to something else. You caught real drama off his rhymes and his style. He could make "cat" and "rat" sound threatening." -The RZA from his new book, "The Wu-Tang Manuel"

Albums In Rotation:

Gang Starr - "Full Clip"
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - "Mecca & The Soul Brother"
Geto Boys - "We Can't Be Stopped"
The Roots - "The Tipping Point"
Too $hort - "Born to Mack"
GZA - "Liquid Swords"
Raekwon - "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"
Ghostface Killah - "Ironman"
RZA - "Bobby Digital"
Ol' Dirty Bastard - "Nigga Please!"
"The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" - Soundtrack