Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: why hasn't anyone noticed who ?uest said
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8862&mesg_id=8882
8882, RE: why hasn't anyone noticed who ?uest said
Posted by 7below, Fri Mar-21-03 11:02 AM
First off...this is my first OK post. I've been lurkin and checkin this site out for more than year now. I get exposed to more new music here than video and radio combined. So for that let me say, "Thank You". I had the opportunity to meet ?uest in St. Louis back in September at one of his DJ shows and I felt like crap when he asked me if I posted. So here I am...finally.

About me: 28, male, Attorney, guitarist, reppin the STL (and no I don't like Nelly) now living in B-more. Been listening to the Roots since Proceed and was hooked after the remixes of Silent Treatment!!!

Now...on to my reply:

I had the same damn thought when I saw this post. ?uest teaching Veron!?!?!!?. In my opinion, Vernon and Living Colour started this whole rap/rock thing (by mistake...the never tried to be a rap group althouth Vernon did do guitar work for Public Enemey). After them you had bands like Faith No More, Urban Dance Squad...and later Korn, Lip Bizkit, Linkin Park, etc. They all need to pay homage!!!!

However...none of them could touch LC musically. That band was a SUPER rock band. Every member was a master of their instrument!
Vernon is a truly a guitar virtuoso!!!

My two cents.