Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectfuck it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8610&mesg_id=8773
8773, fuck it
Posted by enue, Thu Mar-27-03 08:16 PM
music is music..if you like em and wanna bump that shit..then bump that shit...if their whole message is about political and personal freedom, regardless of the race issue, then get the message and not give a fuck what they say and bump that shit..ain't that part of being free?

it seems like the white cats responding to this post are like shocked that ::oh snap:: a group of black artists wants to make music for black people..that's all good...i can respect that, but heads need to realize, once that shit is in public domain, you got no control of who's gonna grasp onto it...it don't make it right, or the smartest decision but it's theirs and it don't offend me ....

i mean..fuck it...i'm part white..but shit ..it don't bother me if heads wanna talk about white people or whatever, because I don't take that shit personally..and if you wanna base your judgement on me based on my skin color then I don't really have time to be hearin you...

personally, i think dead prez is iight...not groundbreaking to me, righteous mission or not....i understand where they're coming from and all but i tend to like music that's a little more diverse...brand nubian had tracks that were on some similar shit...but at least every one of their tracks wasn't about "riding around town..runnin down crackas"...

although the instrumental for "hip hop" is knockin..mad fun to scratch over..

ps..what about common dissin "coffee shop chicks and white dudes"..on Act Too?..