Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecttruth hurts and sucks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8610&mesg_id=8718
8718, truth hurts and sucks
Posted by qoolquest, Wed Mar-12-03 12:18 PM
imagine coming to the realization that you are being ignored by your own people. (well--one can be made aware, but the vote is done when you purchase product). i think that is something that disturbs someone's psyche.

i see riq going through that now. some jawns was quoting freeway in la, and i saw that look of dissapointment in his eyes like "i been rhyming my ass of for a decade and jawns dont quote me".

but riq still don't get that jawns are celebrating the lifestyle that beans, and free, and 50 and em represent. so he can get these notions that he better write some street shit to cure that jonze in his bones. but the results will fall on the same ears. freeway is being celebrated for what you think he is. a whiney loudass drug dealer. i know jawns that will die for m and stic. but it's mainly because of the stance they got. yell some "fuck the police" talk about the goverment. the rebel rousing of it is sexually stimulating to most (i do nothing but consumer report like focus groups--so don't get fooled into thinking that some of the headwraps you see at a dead show are anymore into the revoulution that a britney spears fan would be).

so the only thing to do is some immediate reactionary shit.