Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectlol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8610&mesg_id=8710
8710, lol
Posted by qoolquest, Thu Feb-27-03 04:10 AM
we all playing this game. trust me.
mos is staying with both feet in terra firma in the acting world because there he can be a whale in a small pond. you always hear mos talk about "doing joints with the lox, or beanie, or nelly even" just to let you know that he aint just known for underground hip hop joints.

i'm sure that deep down phrenology is our middle finger to underground/neo soulphites. a lil smacking the hand that feeds us (but what a beautiful smack it is).

talib probably thinking that getting kayne west will get him "love in the streets".

and i'm sure that DPs made that remark.

see, all those notions are misguided. cause out of all those acts: the roots see their audinece the most than any of these acts.

and for some strange reason it is absolutely baffling to em. so baffling that they can't even believe it.

black people have never. ever ever ever been anything but tastemakers to black music. even the black music charts are run by 70% non black consumers. we set the trends, but believe you and me:

50's prime target aint the streets as you are being led to think (or that he is led to think too). white girls from middle america are creaming in their pants for this dude (watch trl if u don't belive me). and it's not a "concious" decision. not like i said "hey, we're gonna do some shit that only college kids feel".

y'all (my peers) can run but y'all can't hide:

pull out the race card (dps), jigga's peeps (talib), y'all sex/street alias under the radar sex rap white labels (mos), fur coats (riq), kill neo tag (jag), call it something else (angie stone), grab yer guitars (dangelo), cut the hair and the wrap (erykah), do psychedelic records (com), smack a bitch up (dilla)....ghead-- get down-- (anti backpack movement anyone?) that aint gonna fixed fucked up economics and cd sales with black folks. even skillz (whose previous touring experince in his 7 years in 0) is amazed at the color of the mouths who knows "the nod factor".

that my friend is a remark from ignorant artists (not in a mean way...just that i'd too be on the defensive if i suddenly found out that the only people listening to my revoulution are white people.....m and stic even were shocked at the faces)

dont be surprised at statements like these (i have article and didn't see the roots mentioned....but we might as well be there too) and actions coming from "us" some of us know not "what they do".