Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti concur...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=8610&mesg_id=8680
8680, i concur...
Posted by h20molecule, Tue Mar-04-03 04:29 PM
that stic.man maintains the anger toward white people a lot more than m1. It is important to note that everyone's belief systems get developed as they grew and environment can play a strong roll in that. M1 grew up in Brooklyn and Stic.man grew up in North Florida (which is more like deep south Georgia socio-economically speaking than the touristy central and southern regions). One thing you have to understand about the deep south is that it is still very segregated and there is a more pronounced lack of tolerance for other races. There isn't hardly enough of an Asian or Latin population in cities like Macon or Jacksonville or wherever to really talk about multi-culturalism. Its a culture of mostly Christian or Christian influenced black people and white people and from the first day to the last day i lived in North Florida, I was constantly sensing the derision. I am not making excuses for stic.man simply saying that i am not surprised that he perpetuates that animosity more. Also you have to realize that some very traumatizing things can happen to a person while growing up and if he is segregated from white people and he has a few traumatic experiences than he won't have enough interaction to not internalize the belief that white people create all of the chaos that he has to deal with. Think about living in the segregated south. Sometimes the only white people who come to your house are the police and bill collectors. That can shape a man's psyche. I think he will mellow out as he gets older though.

When its all said and done, we know its people who let greed and insecurity drive them to exploit or try to control the masses who are responsible for the current american landscape. some of those people are poor and some of those people are president. its not really a black or white thing but because it was white people (not all white people) who almost exclusively had the power to maintain the status quo and push for undermining of the masses so they would be enslaved by their own values, guys like stic.man talk of crackers. i think DPz' white fans understand that they aren't talking about al white people at all but the holders of excessive amounts of private power and influence who weild it in lack of interest for what is good for the psyches of the people, who just happen to be white much of the time.

h20

h20
-------------------------------------------------
if hip hop ever dies...it will be the day that all of us who fell in love with a new sound that was like nothing we ever heard before and kept being amazed as it grew and changed and morphed stop wanting to be challenged...it will be the day we make a bunch of unbreakable rules and accept it all as hip hop cannon, and the next musical form will have to born of a rebellion against all you reactionaries who wouldn't let it grow and change because your "love" was really obsession and you held on so tight that you choked her. it will be the day that young kids don't want to hear about hip hop anymore because they still listen with their hearts...in reality hip hop won't really be dead anyway, she will just have to undergo another name change like she always has...word to miles and dizzy. - kacy wilson